cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I qualify for a mortgage loan on disability and part time income?

tag
Serasvae

Can I qualify for a mortgage loan on disability and part time income?

Hi,

I saw a few messages about this but figured I would aks anyways...

I need to find out if I can qualify for any kind of home mortgage loan if my main source of income is SSDI (approx $1200/mo). I work part-time (12 hours a week) and only take home approx $600 a month from this part time job.

The other factor is that my credit score is low 600's (I think). Although when I was approved for an auto loan, the bank told me it was a 655. But since then I think it has gone down a little bit (because this was just recent since my old car died and I had no choice but to get a new one - so that loan is for approx 6K).

I'm not sure what other factors are needed. However, my current living situation is ending very soon (in three months in fact) and I desperately need to figure something out. Would much rather be able to own than rent, so just seeing what my options are.

Thank you all in advance for your gracious help!
 <3

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Serasvae

Re: Can I qualify for a mortgage loan on disability and part time income?

I forgot to mention I am looking within MA and will consider RI (if close to the boarder of MA).

Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

Yes you can use it provided you are guaranteed to receive it for at least 3 more years - to use the part time work you will need two years history 

You need to know what your scores are but it sounds like you may be eligible - just not sure how much for without all the numbers

Good Luck

Brian

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 3 of 4
Serasvae

Found out my score is a 660 (so fair).

Any way around the part time two year work history?

Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.