cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I qualify?

tag
bewitched625

Can I qualify?

My transunion score is 670.  Equifax is 643.  My Experian score was 653 (should have gone up a little since I paid off credit cards after pulling that report). 

My income is approximately $150,000 and I have been employed for nine years.  I have been renting at the same location for 4 years.  My rent is $1,400 per month.

My only debt is a student loan for $80,000 with a payment of $410/month.

I will likely buy a house for $350,000 with $100,000 down, so financing $250,000.

I have six medical collections and a telephone collection.  The newest account is 2 years and 8 months ago.  I have sent PFD letters, but have not received a response. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I qualify?

Quaifying should not be a problem.  I would check the building credit board here and try to use the HIPPA process to get the medical collections paid off.

The only thing I see is a lack of open tradelines.  They want to see tradelines that you are paying on.  I would open up a credit card (maybe you have them and pay them off every month so you did not inculde them as debt) 

Message 2 of 4
bewitched625

Thanks, Mickie.  I have seven credit card accounts.  The limits range from $500 to $2,600.  They are all paid off.  I'm also listed as an authorized user on my mother's account from a long time ago.  She is carrying a balance.  Should I have her remove me as an authorized user?  I have a paid auto loan and, of course, the student loan.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If your mom's card is maxed out, it might be worth having yourself removed.  If it's just a small percent of the credit limit, I would leave it be.  The problem with getting yourself removed as authorized user is that it sounds like her account is one of your older ones.  If that is the case, it will lower your average age of accounts.  For a better idea you might run it by the folks on the Understanding Your Credit board.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.