cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I start routing money back to my saving account?

tag
In-A-Limbo
Valued Member

Can I start routing money back to my saving account?

I completed a loan application and submitted last week with required bank statements and other docs. I only disclosed my checking accounts because my saving have a balance of $2. All of my assest money are in my checking accounts because of the direct deposit from work and IRS and I never get around to transfer to my saving. My application is currently with the underwriter. Is it safe to transfer money to saving now? Will the underwriter ask for another statement before closing? I have a bad spending habit where if I see the money, I have to spend it. I also have this fear that I might lose my debit card some day (happened before).  I really want to move it out of my checking account.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
fdiggy
New Contributor

Re: Can I start routing money back to my saving account?

I would wait till clear to close.

Starting Score: 701
Current Score: EX-FICO701 EQ-FICO644 TU-FICO724 all lender pulls April 2nd 2013
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

If you had it in savings to begin with and provided both a checking and a savings statement balance, it wouldn't have caused issues. I was asked for 1 set of bank statements plus two additional updates that encompassed the time elapsed.

So if you do transfer it over, keep in mind that if asked for updated statements, you will need to provide both checking and savings statements. But I don't think it will cause major issues as long as the savings account is with the same bank. If it is not, I would definitely wait until after closing to perform the transfer.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 3 of 5
In-A-Limbo
Valued Member

I didn't disclose my saving account to the UW because  there were a lot of cash transactions. My LO said to leave it out because then I'll have to explain where all the cash came from. These were money that i lend to friends and families so many years ago and I been tracking them down asking for my money back since I need the money for the down payment. Since I couldn't proof that these were loan payback, my LO said to keep it separate. I followed my LO advice by spending only the money in that saving accounts to pay bills and buy things and let the (traceable) money sit in the checking.

Message 4 of 5
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Then you should definitely leave it in checking.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.