Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I still close on time? UPDATE!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I still close on time? UPDATE!!!!

UPDATE: My loan processor called and said the only thing the underwriter needs is a verbal employment verification and the final tax amount from my settlement agent. Everyone sounds positive and like things are good to go. I'm soooooo nervous. Things sound positive but I just can't be 100% happy until those keys are in my hand. So far no one hasn't said that closing won't be happening on monday, so i guess that's positive. I had to send out a gruling e-mail to my loan officer yesterday regarding the poor customer service I've been receiving, as well as lack of communication and just downright slow moving process of my loan. She escalated it to the vice president of their office who ended up calling me personally! I just want this all to be over with and I just want my new home. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers! Hopefully I will be updating soon to let you all know that it is official.

WISH ME LUCK!!!!!

Well my closing is scheduled for next monday august 2nd. File went to underwriting last friday. today i was asked to provide documentation that my student loans are in deferment for 12 months from the date of closing. I promptly e-mailed these docs to my loan processor first thing this morning when i received the request. How long does it usually take them to review these docs and make a final decision? Should I ask the seller for an extension? I spoke with him previously and told him that I may possibly need an extension because my lender was taking forever to work on my loan and he did say that he would be willing to work with me. You would think that when there is only five days before a customer is scheduled to close that they would be more prompt, but i guess they really don't care.

Any words of encouragement/advice are greatly apprciated. I'm just ready for them to give me an answer already!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I still close on time?

This is usually where flames come shooting out of the lenders head and things go rather quickly.  I have heard some stories where things get delayed, however, it is not unreasonable that if that's all they needed that you could close on time.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you for your responseSmiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.