cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Loan Officer change or cancel after a confirmed lock rate email.?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can Loan Officer change or cancel after a confirmed lock rate email.?

Here is my story kind of long please forgive me. Thank you very much for your input, advice.

Last Friday after I left work my LO called me and left me a message stated that "He has too many problems to complete my application and he prefers a local LO the one who pulled my credit score  " However, I did want local LO to do my loan application because he quoted the rate (0.25%) higher comparing to out of area office LO(at Head quater office)

On this Monday I called him serveral times but he was so busy I couldn't get in touch with him. Finally, yesterday he picked the phone and told me everything are OKs. He said these problems are from his end, not mine (something like with the help desk application processing, I'm really don't know exactly what it is) He even told me the rate even getting better comparing to the rate he quoted 4.875% earlier from last week. He said he can lock me in with the rate 4.75% right now if I can provide him with credit card to pay for appraisal and credit report. I was so happy  and ask him to email me the locked rate confirmation and GFE. An hour later, I got it by email. Everything looks ok to me.

Now my question is can he make up some stories or tell me some reasons that my application are not approval eventhough with all email confirmation etc.

He mentioned to me about my cellection in my credit report but he said it's ok. I'm so worry about he wants me to pay this amount in order of them to approve the GOOD RATE as quoted.

Please let me know if he can change the rate after the rate is locked.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.