Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Someone Explain USDA Subsidy?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can Someone Explain USDA Subsidy?

I am trying very patiently to wait on my USDA approval letter.  I have completed and turned in everything that has been requested. They have had my completed file for almost 2 weeks.  I have a couple of questions if someone could please answer.

1.  I know with the Direct program mortgages are between 33-38 years. What determines the length of your mortgage ? Income, amount of house etc?

2.  I was told I qualify for the 1% subsidy what exactly does that mean?  I have looked in the USDA handbook and it's confusing.  I know they have more than one method or formula for determining which you get.  Does it mean my interest could be 1% with the subsidy?  I attended my very long home owners education course today and got my certificate to send in.  The course was very informative and I think a great ideal for anyone who has not purchsed a home before.

The lady who taught the course said that if I have gotten this far in the process then that means I am going to be approved if nothing changes from my original application.   I don't have a clue as to how much house they will let me buy.  My income is about 27,800 with 3 people in the household (2 of them children).  My debt ratio is low I only have a car payment of 254.00 and 3 credit cards with less than $50 balances.

Does any have any guesses as to what I might get approved for?

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.