Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i get a pre approval a month before my 3 year foreclosure date

tag
custombusa
Established Member

Can i get a pre approval a month before my 3 year foreclosure date

I called my register of deeds and found out my 3 year foreclosure date will be sept. My questiion is can i get a pre approval in july  or august  as long as i have a closing scheduled after september. Id like to get the process started about a month early so i can start looking at homes and be ready to go when the 3 year date hits.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
foofighter74
Established Contributor

Re: Can i get a pre approval a month before my 3 year foreclosure date

It probably depends on the lender.  My wife and i have to wait out her 2 year bankruptcy discharge date, and the lender we are most interested in obtaining a loan from won't even take an official application from us until the day after her discharge date. Some people are allowed to begin the process as long as their closing is beyond the discharge or foreclosure waiting period. 

Message 2 of 7
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

I think you can get pre-approved but wont be able to close till the time is up.

Message 3 of 7
custombusa
Established Member

ok thanks for the replies. And roughly how long is a pre approval good for....120 days?

Message 4 of 7
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

I believe it is good for 6 months.

Message 5 of 7
foofighter74
Established Contributor

My pre-approval was good for 60 days.

Message 6 of 7
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

My preapproval was good for 120 days. It depends on the lender. I agree with what everyone else has said.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.