Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can my commission count?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can my commission count?

I am not ungreatful- I am just frustrated that people really think this is a different field- If I work in HR in a travel company and go to HR in the telecommunications industry- by your logic I have changed fields.  That is absurd.

I guess I only want to hear from someone who can suggest a lender that would use logic in their decision making.  And would be likely to count my commission.

Thanks for the attempt though.

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Man, I agree that it is stupid and that it makes little sense, but don't be frustrated at the board.  I sincerely hope someone comes up with an answer for you.  But the honest answer is the same that both loan companies gave you.  Your job description (telemarketer) is not your field of employment.  Your field of employent is what industry writes checks to you. 

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

We're not allowed to give referrals or advertise here so unfortunately we won't be much help. Your best bet is to ask friends/families for referrals or just pull out the good ole yellow pages and call around until you find someone that will approve it.

Good luck!

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: I have been on the job for 1 year now and am in underwriting with Suntrust and Pinnacle Mortgage.  Regions pre-qualified me for $170K using all of my commission (divided by 24 months) with assurance that my commission will fly.  I hope I can come back and tell all of you in my boat that this can be done. 
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Appraisal came in solid and closing is set for November 6th.  Everything looks great.  For those of you coming to this forum learn from this.  You see that many major contributors were insistent that my commission could not count- yet there are lenders who are logical and listen to reason. Keep your head up and persevere. If you think an answer does not make sense- keep looking.
Message 15 of 18
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

And now everybody also knows why skippy007 is successful in his telemarketing career.  Persistence.

I'm glad this worked out for you, and I truly appreciate your job skills.  It's a tough career, but a good telemarketer is worth his weight in gold.  I did outside sales for quite a while, mostly in-home presentations with leads set by telemarketers.  My income depended on your skills, as well as my own.

I wish you all the best with your new home and your job, and if you ever need another position in telemarketing, give me a shout!

Congrats!

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the kind words,  I want you folks to know I got a clear to close today.  I was able to count my full commission.  Regions realized that I was in the same industry and gave me full credit on my commissions/. Now I am getting a $180 K home (closing in 4 days). If I excepted the doubters and the "contributors" who always have something to add then I would have given up. Never do that. Here is hope for you on my position.  I will tell more valuable insights when I get the keys...thanks Micky.
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can my commission count- YEs it can

Closing at 4:00 pm ON friday.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.