Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't prove I'm disabled

tag
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Can't prove I'm disabled

@JennyMominRI wrote:

In a way it makes sense. I guess what they are trying to do is verify my SSDI as long term income. While the VA will rate you as permanently disabled, SSDI does not have a "permanently disabled" status. As such, they ask for a doctor to state that your condition is likely to continue for at least 3 years.

This was not explained to me very well and as such I don't think I explained it to the doctor well.

I also assumed my new doc had my  medical records. He does not, and so he is simply going on my word and the VA letter.   Hopefully having lab results in hand will help me out.   

I see what you're saying but my wife receives SSDI and we've never had to supply proof that this income for her is permanent.

But every lender has their own unique hoops to jump through.  Smiley Happy

Once again I hope this all works out for you.

Message 11 of 19
JennyMominRI
Valued Member

Got my letter. Clear to close tomorrow at 2 PM

Message 12 of 19
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@JennyMominRI wrote:

Good for you!

Message 13 of 19
JennyMominRI
Valued Member

They pulled my credit again today but not a Tri-merge. Looks like they just pulled TU. Is it common to just pull the one at closing?  

Message 14 of 19
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@JennyMominRI wrote:

They pulled my credit again today but not a Tri-merge. Looks like they just pulled TU. Is it common to just pull the one at closing?  

Sorry but I can't answer that. It's been many years since I applied for a mortgage.

Edited for a typo.

Message 15 of 19
Sunshine85
Frequent Contributor

@JennyMominRI wrote:

Glad everything worked out. Enjoy your new home!

Message 16 of 19
circlequill

Are you aware how difficult it is to get on SSDI?  Only 1/3 get it at first attempt.  2/3 are rejected.

Did you know that if a person is on SSDI, the disability is presumed permanent unless circumstances show otherwise?  People with temporary injuries and disabilities are not allowed on the program.

It is important for bankers to understand this, rather than say a doctor has to prove what the program itself means.

Message 17 of 19
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

@circlequill wrote:

Are you aware how difficult it is to get on SSDI?  Only 1/3 get it at first attempt.  2/3 are rejected.

Did you know that if a person is on SSDI, the disability is presumed permanent unless circumstances show otherwise?  People with temporary injuries and disabilities are not allowed on the program.

It is important for bankers to understand this, rather than say a doctor has to prove what the program itself means.

Hi circlequill and Welcome to the forums,

Just wanted to let you know, this thread is well over a year old and the OP isn't posting anymore.

So when posting to a thread, be sure to check the date of the thread.Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 18 of 19
laag61
New Visitor

It is discrimination to ask for doctor note, medical informatio, etc. If you were denied a loan, call HUD and file a complaint.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.