cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't secure financing on mortgage, item in dispute.

tag
phatty5bmw

Re: Can't secure financing on mortgage, item in dispute.

Not to jack your post but I am going through the same exact thing where the report says consumer disputed. I called the 3 bureaus had them removed. They said no big deal sure. My score dropped (eq) 75 and another 86 points(TU). 2 weeks later my scores went back up and the writing is back... Called back today (TU) and said they would have to investigate again and they list what the CC reports. Makes no sense.... beyond frustrated.
Message 11 of 18
BasketsofMaryland

Hi,

Can you send me the info as well? I'm in process of applying for mortgage.  Chapter 7 Bankruptcyy four years ago and Verizon Wireless Acount showing up as "Included in Bankruptcy" and "Consumer disputes this account information".  Thank you in advance!!!

Message 12 of 18
smoovone

Can you PM me as well?

Message 13 of 18
buyhouse36
Regular Contributor

I was/am in that situation.

I disputed some 2008 lates in 2011..with little to no success. But my scores gradually rose so when I applied for my first mortgage in mid-Nov 2013, my scores were all 740-760. My first lender said I had to have all these old dispute comments removed. I thought no harm here....so I called each bureau and they removed them instantly. My fico score here dropped to 699! But I also had these comments reappear. It seems after the bureau removes comments, they send notification to the creditor. When the creditor responds, notations is made that essentially puts the word 'dispute' back in the comments.

I asked my new lender about it and he said dont worry about it. Because the accounts were all 0 balance, removing the comments wasnt even necessary. 

My problem is that I will not let my new lender pull my scores until they are at least 720. My scores sat at 699 for 2 weeks! 2 accounts that I paid off hit my report and its now at 712. I have one more paid account that will hit on Friday that Im hoping will take me to 720. But now interest rates have risen!  So when I interviewed this new lender in late November when my score was 699 he quoted me 4.875. Now 1 month later the rate for 720+ scores is 4.875!!!!  So waiting to get up to 720 has hurt me...

Message 14 of 18
pattybear
Established Member

Mondavi, could you PM me too?   TIA    

I have a disputed collection account for $382.  For FHA, will the "disputed" language have to be removed since it's a low amount?

Message 15 of 18
DianaD

I'm also having the same problem. I'm suppose to close on Friday but the comment on equifax is holding me up. I already tried calling equifax and they said they removed it but my lender says it's still there

Message 16 of 18
DianaD

Cap'n I get that pm too 

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in the same boat. I have applied October 10th for mortgage and here we are almost December 1st and still no approval. Now LO saying that DU will not approve because I have 3 Comenity account: Restoration Hardware, Pottery Barn and The Room Place with disputed notes on it. I have disputed with Equifax around 6 months ago because they were reporting an old credit limit. I have called Equifax and the guy from India made me sign up for a monthly product than the guy told me that he cannot help me to remove it and I have to call the dispute department which was already closed this past Friday.

I got a 2 weeks 30 day lock extension for the 4.0 % conventional 30 year mortgage which is expiring December 3rd 2014, so my timeframe is limited.

Running out of time I have called all 3 accounts of Comenity , closed them all and had them fax a closure and balance $0 letter to bank's LA.

Anybody have any comments or suggestions what to do in this matter because time is running out on me.

Thanks guys.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.