Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can they do this or not?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can they do this or not?

Heard back from mortgage company today. They are not going to change credit reports and have now withdrawn their loan offer. They discovered they also could not work with credit reports that show 120 days late on mortgage. Smiley Sad

Message 11 of 14
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Heard back from mortgage company today. They are not going to change credit reports and have now withdrawn their loan offer. They discovered they also could not work with credit reports that show 120 days late on mortgage. Smiley Sad

It's because 120 days late is treated like a foreclosure.  I'm going through same thing.  You have to have three years on-time payments before you can get a mortgage again. 

I think the only thing you can do is to keep trying to get them to change that late payment.  Even if they would agree to report it as 90 days.  I would try appealing to them based on not being clear how the loan mod process worked, and that you thought that was supposed to get you back on track.  In the end, you're not asking for them to waive fees or anything like that, you paid the money, you just didn't understand how it would report.  Hopefully, you can convince them to change it.  If not, I know it's not what you want to hear, but 3 years comes and goes faster than you might think.  We're coming up on three years in January and will finally be able to buy a bigger place.   

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Walt for all the advice and comfort. And thanks to Shane. Another honest and very helpful person and mortgage professional. He also was not able to help us but he sure called and emailed us numerous times trying to help. LOL where else can you find that these day.

Oh where was I. We really just considered refinancing because one income means tight, can't wiggle, and can't breathe. However, in three years the car will be paid off. That is what hubby has being saying as well and I was wanting to pull his eyeballs out (three years will come and go so fast). So it's time to call it quits for now. Maybe by then it will just be a matter of getting rid of an 8.375 interest rate by paying extra.

Be safe everyone this holiday weekend.

Message 13 of 14
Laxflava
Established Member

I totaly love SHane. He is honest and very helpful. i also really like Tom.

Starting Score: 611
Current Score:689
Goal Score: 690
EQ:645. TR: 698. EX 689
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.