cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we get a loan and if so should it just be me applying?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can we get a loan and if so should it just be me applying?

on the collections how did you pay them, did you PFD?  we are in a situation where we were told not to pay old collections from 05 but I just want them off our credit.  any suggesstions?  If a collection is about to fall off Dec 2010 cant that debt be sold to another collection agency and the 7 yr process will begin again?

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can we get a loan and if so should it just be me applying?

on the collections how did you pay them, did you PFD?  we are in a situation where we were told not to pay old collections from 05 but I just want them off our credit.  any suggesstions?  If a collection is about to fall off Dec 2010 cant that debt be sold to another collection agency and the 7 yr process will begin again?

We didn't pay them yet. Most likely when our application goes to underwriting they will tell us we need to pay the collections at the time of closing. You don't want to pay them before then. If you pay off a collection, the collection agency will update the "last activity date" on your reports which will make them look new. That will look bad with the lender and it will lower your credit score.

Not sure about the collection being sold.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.