Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we get a mortage?

tag
Chiprox

Can we get a mortage?

Hey,

My girlfriend a I were looking to purchase a home soon but i recently lost my job of several years..I should be getting another one soon as i have had several interviews. (Fingers crossed)  I do not have a degree just acquired skills.

My credit score is 669 and hers is 595,She has been at the same job for several years and we have taken care of the issues with her credit by paying all collections etc.

She did get a auto loan with capitol one about six months ago with no cosigner and a decent rate.

We found a nice little place in the country for $125,000..Could we qualify for a mortage with our current situation with a gift down payment of $40,000?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
CAnNY
Frequent Contributor

Re: Can we get a mortage?

Well, I'll let others chime in, but nowadays you need a mid FICO of at least 620 to get a mortgage period. Regardless of amount down. Sounds like your girlfriend will need to raise her score if that is her Mid FICO score you posted. Otherwise, only u will qualify if that is your mid FICO you have posted. The problem may be your employment. You will need at least a few months of work history for the new job. And I think you will need to have a couple years history in the same field of work.

Also, paying baddies does nothing for your score. You may need to review the rebuilding section for assistance with GW to get the baddies off your GF report. To see a score increase the baddies need to be removed.

Hopefully others will chime in with help!

Starting Score: TU 489 EQ 561 EX unknown (2/24/2013)
Current Score: Lender Pull (11/15/13) EQ 702, TU 679, EX 684
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.