Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we get approved????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can we get approved????

I know you all can't give a "definite" answer, but through your expierence I wonder if someone can give us some advice.

Here is our story......

We have income of $140,000 combined and mid score of 550 for DH and 530 for myself. He is majority wage earner of $120,000 alone. We are considering also just his name on loan. We have 3% down and are first time buyers so going for FHA Loan. We are looking at homes in the 300,000 - 320,000 range. Our debt to income ratio is 20%.

Credit - We have lates....our studen loan shows in the last 24 months significent lates. (can provide explanation). Trying to get removed thru goodwill letters and arrange something with student loan agent. Worst care scenario lates will reman. A few more lates on credit card that is now paid off...again GW letters.... 5 collection accounts all paid 0 balance, again GW letters. Everything derogatory is paid. Nothing with open balance except on open accounts.

Only luck so far with GW letters is a removal of a charge off to collection.

Good accounts - We have a car loan and several revolving lines that are all below 10% ratio.

There are a few homes that are great prices here in CA and financially we are more than ready to buy. Our credit history doesn't exacly show that.

Any advice from anyone in similar boat????? or been thru this..... and with credit scores like this what was interest rate...and were you able to buy down??

Thanks!!

Carrie
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

Re: Can we get approved????

With those scores there will be very few options if any for you to get financing. You need to work on the credit. You have great income and need to make all payments on time for a while (12 months minimum) the scores will go up and your ability to borrow will be better

Good Luck
Brian
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible that her score and the lenders score could be different?  That's what I have been told anyway.  Our score pulled on Equifax was 582, when lender pulled it was 615.  Just a suggestion that if she can get AU approval with a lender score, which may be higher, that maybe a chance of qualifying?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's possible, but not very likely. myFICO uses the FICO scoring algorithms that are most used by lenders. There are some FICO variants, and some lenders may use a different variant than what you get through myFICO, but that would probably be the minority of cases (or it's possible the lender is using some other scoring provider than FICO, but that's extremely rare for mortgages). In most cases scoring differences are probably due to time lapse between the scoring pulls (either something new posts that affects the score or the accounts simply age), or comparing a FAKO (from someplace other than myFICO) to a FICO or comparing FICOs from 2 different credit bureaus.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.