cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we move before the 2 years is up with FHA loan?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can we move before the 2 years is up with FHA loan?

We just bought our house in Aug 08 and had the hurrican Ike hit Sept 08 exactly a month after we moved in. Our neighbor decided to park her 1990 sentra half in our property on the side of her carport and well a limb from our tree landed on it. They don't drive this car as they have 2 new ones and she went crazy in the street saying we are lazy and we didn't help her clean her yard after the hurricane and that because of us her kids were suffering. I had no idea what that meant.They wanted us to pay we said no as well as our insurance. Now they want to sue, are taking pictures, watching us come and go. Go outside and call us names when we go out. Our kids can't go outside because once a ball rolled into their driveway and she didn't want to give the ball back so we called the cops because she said it rolled into her property and now has a no trespassing sign out and we avoid any confrontation. She put up a new fence that extends out and we put up the side to close off our yard and she went crazy saying we better not have put it into her fence and we didn't and that she is going to get a survey because she now thinks our fence is on her line when in the first place their fence was on our property.Today I parked my car in the garage to vaccuum it and I heard her say that I must be hiding something to park it inside. She has gone neighbor to neighbor talking about us and really we are prisoners in our home. We would like to see if there is a way to get out of this house before the 2 years that FHA says we have to live here. We have filed police reports with harrassment and called them when she was keeping our ball.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Can we move before the 2 years is up with FHA loan?

FHA doesn't require you to be there 2yrs.

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 6
steeda50

Dallasloanguy,

Really? My mortgage broker told me that fha had to be seasoned now 2 years. I was looking at a home to buy/fix/sell and he said have to do conventional. He said he just started hearing about it causing problems possibly something new? Im in pa so maybe thats why?

Message 3 of 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@steeda50 wrote:

Dallasloanguy,

Really? My mortgage broker told me that fha had to be seasoned now 2 years. I was looking at a home to buy/fix/sell and he said have to do conventional. He said he just started hearing about it causing problems possibly something new? Im in pa so maybe thats why?

seasoned for 2yrs?
that is not new... it is false
as long as the old fha is paid off, you can get a new fha loan tomorrow.

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if FHA has prepayment penalties.  You may want to check your note, it's possible you have a 2 year prepayment penalty on it.  Although, usually those are waived in the event of a sale (if it is a soft prepay). Perhaps, your broker slipped that in without you knowing it.  Other than that I can think of no reason why you shouldn't be able to sell your home when you want to. 
Message 5 of 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

FHA does NOT have a prepayment penalty
Retired Lender
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.