Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we qualify for????

tag
madesomemistakes
Valued Member

Can we qualify for????

My husband and I want to buy a house in the next three months.  How much do you think we will qualify for?

my Scores Mid 600's 

dh scores high 600's 

we gross 6800 a month

200 car payment

102 student loan

credit card payments 70

We live in california.  Im not sure what the taxes are around my area

Experian-770 Transunion-780 Equifax-780
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
rockymtngrl
Frequent Contributor

Re: Can we qualify for????

Just a rough idea-since I'm not sure about your taxes, ins, pmi- in the range of 275,000, possibly a little higher with a strong file.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone else have an estimate for me?
Message 3 of 4
rockymtngrl
Frequent Contributor

Is this the same poster under 2 different names?

The amount really won't vary by much. To get a more exact number you would need to provide more information. A lot will depend on taxes, insurance, pmi. You did'nt say what loan program you are wanting to use so I assume FHA. FHA likes to see the house payment at no more than 31% of monthly gross. Which for you would be $2108. Again assuming an FHA loan you will have MIP no matter how much you put down and taxes and insurance-which you have said you don't know how much they are-also have to figure into that payment.

It is possible to go a little higher if your file is strong. You don't mention what is on your credit but I am assuming something is holding your score down in the mid 600's-so that could go either way. Other things they will consider is how long you have been on your jobs/in same line of work. How much reserves will you have left over after paying down payment and settlements costs. Is your down payment your own money or is someone gifting it to you.How much is your rent payment now. They are going to want to see you staying in the same payment range your in now.

So say for example right now you are paying $1200/mo rent, have no reserves and parents are gifting you DP, UW probably won't want to see you going up to a $2500/ mo payment.

On the other hand say now you are paying $2000/mo rent, have all your own DP & settlemens costs, and after all that is paid you will still have $20,000 left in reserves- the UW would probably feel more comfortable approving a $2500 mortgage payment.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.