Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can wife be included on home loan or, at least her income considered

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can wife be included on home loan or, at least her income considered

@kc0039 wrote:

There's different scenarios for each program. FHA states that two years of part time job uninterrupted. 2 consecutive years for conventional. Translation is up to the underwriters. If her employer considers her as part time, you can't use her income at all

I clarified with her tonight and she said she IS considered Full Time by her employer

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HarjeetBhatti wrote:

Her income can be considered on loan application. You have to provide her transcript to the lender. 

So her income is considered but she is not included in the loan?

Message 12 of 16
kc0039
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@kc0039 wrote:

There's different scenarios for each program. FHA states that two years of part time job uninterrupted. 2 consecutive years for conventional. Translation is up to the underwriters. If her employer considers her as part time, you can't use her income at all

I clarified with her tonight and she said she IS considered Full Time by her employer

She can go on the loan and her income will be considered. We need a two year history of where she worked and provide a letter of explanation for the times she's been off work for a long period of time (Lender dependent because of overlays).

Licensed in IL
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kc0039 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kc0039 wrote:

She can go on the loan and her income will be considered. We need a two year history of where she worked and provide a letter of explanation for the times she's been off work for a long period of time (Lender dependent because of overlays).

So just to be clear here, not meaning to beat a dead horse..... In my original post, I stated she currently has 1 month work history. Nothing else in the last 2 years.

Message 14 of 16
kc0039
Established Contributor

That's fine. Lenders will require a Verification of employment to make sure on her status as a full time employee. She'll have to write a letter of explanation on why she wasn't working for the past two years before her current job. You said it was to raise the kids, then state that in the letter of explanation.

Licensed in IL
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kc0039 wrote:

That's fine. Lenders will require a Verification of employment to make sure on her status as a full time employee. She'll have to write a letter of explanation on why she wasn't working for the past two years before her current job. You said it was to raise the kids, then state that in the letter of explanation.

Great. Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge!

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.