Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you believe it? Rates in the 4s

tag
rom828
Established Contributor

Re: Can you believe it? Rates in the 4s

Yep, it was a '95 Aerostar and at one time had 6 cylinders! Smiley Very HappyNow we're scooting around in a little Scion XB and getting 24-26 miles to the gallon!  Woohoo!!

Shane, thanks so much for taking the time to give me such detailed information. I've read a bunch of your posts (way before I even knew I needed your help!)  and really learned a lot (I love this forum!!), but "the times they are a changin' "......like daily!  I just can't express to you how grateful I am for forum members like yourself that share their knowledge so freely with the rest of us........what a blessing!!

We bought last October so have owned this house just over 1 year.  I'm glad to hear the on line appraisals are moot....as I said they  were  lower on mine than my actual appraisal from 10-07, and didn't seem to really reflect values of homes sold in my immediate neighborhood.

We plan to be in the house at leat 10 years or more, so wrapping costs in would be great!  The less to come up with the better!!  I'm just trying to get a handle on what those costs might be!!

Since we are only at around 15% equity (depending on appraisal)   should we wait til our scores get higher, particularly to over the 720 mark?  With scores like we have now (680-699..only my TU is over 700)  or even the 700-719 tier, how many points and/or how much higher rate are we talking???  How long do you think these really low rates will last?!?!

And will I do better going to current mortgagee, ie Wells Fargo, or back to broker, or one of the on line banks??

Sorry to bombard you again!!

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 11 of 12
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

Re: Can you believe it? Rates in the 4s

I KNEW there was a reason why we were pre-qualified in October with an estimated (no house yet) 6.75% and have yet to find a house we want! Hubby is looking at a possible tomorrow that is actually a bank owned and is owned by Chase; our pre-qual!! Woo Hoo!

This house is 5 years old with some damage, including mold. It is a 210K house thast we are praying we can get for 1-110K. (it's listed at $129K with some damage repaired)

DH can do mold remediation.  Smiley Happy

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.