cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you combine Florida Assist with USDA?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you combine Florida Assist with USDA?

I was looking into the Florida Assist program for help with down payment and closing costs for first time home buyers and we qualify, could this be used in conjunction with a USDA guaranteed loan?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
playboy
Regular Contributor

Re: Can you combine Florida Assist with USDA?

@Anonymous wrote:

I was looking into the Florida Assist program for help with down payment and closing costs for first time home buyers and we qualify, could this be used in conjunction with a USDA guaranteed loan?

I looked into this when I looking at going FHA, but my income was too high.  Apparently, it can be used in addition to USDA, FHA, VA.

Here is the specifics from the Florida Housing Finance Corporation's website (they run the program you're interested in):

Florida Housing Finance Corporation

You need to select the "Homebuyers and Renters" link on the left side of the screen.  You're then going to select the "First Time Homebuyers Program" link which will take you to this wizard: First Time Homebuyers Wizard

You'll need to enter your county and the number of people in your household.  The wizard to take to a new sceeen that will determine whether or not you qualify for the bond program or the second mortgage program.  All of this based on income.

Starting Score: EX 575/TU 534/EQ 570
Current Scores per Myfico: (As of 12-14-13) EX 690/EQ 685/TU 679
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.