Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 Auto

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 Auto

I've heard varying things about Cap1 auto.. Do they pull 3 or just 1.  I know they pulled all 3 when I got my CC with them.  I'm thinking of doing the Blank Check program
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 Auto

They pulled all three when I applied for the blank check program. The blank check program was a very easy process for purchasing a car and I'd do it again.
Message 2 of 30
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

when i applied they pulled TU and EX but NOT EQ
Message 3 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know if they use auto enhanced FICO or the Classic FICO you see off of this site?

gtree, do  you remember what your FICOs were at the time?

Message Edited by GETNUMBERSUP on 03-16-2008 08:27 AM
Message 4 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey I was wondering how does the cap 1 auto loan work.  I have a friend that sales use cars and he gives real good deals to his friends.  I do not feel it will be a problem to get approved,  but I am not interested in him in my private finances in seeing my credit history.  Dose cap1 give me a check to give to him without his involvement in the credit history and what my finance charge would be? In about 5 weeks I would like to help my daughter get a used car at a price I can trust to be at  a good deal.
Message 5 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

the Cap1 blank check program is like you walking to the dealership with cash in your hands..your apply with Cap1 directly..it's gives you leverage in negotiating auto deals...you do not deal with your friend at all in terms of financing..you get a blank check from Cap1 to give to the dealer..Cap1 will let you know what your maximum amount is..
Message 6 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

glassblower1 wrote:
Hey I was wondering how does the cap 1 auto loan work.  I have a friend that sales use cars and he gives real good deals to his friends.  I do not feel it will be a problem to get approved,  but I am not interested in him in my private finances in seeing my credit history.  Dose cap1 give me a check to give to him without his involvement in the credit history and what my finance charge would be? In about 5 weeks I would like to help my daughter get a used car at a price I can trust to be at  a good deal.

Cap1 Blank Checks really make the process or purchasing a car as painless as possible. You don't have to worry about the dealer finance manager putting the screws to you. It has to be purchased from a "franchised dealership" as in "Bob's Chevrolet, Dan's Lincoln-Ford-Mercury" etc etc.

If you plan on purchasing from an independent dealer then call Cap1 Auto Customer Service first to make sure that dealership in on their approved list of dealerships or the sale is a no-go.

I applied & paid the extra $15 & my check was at my door the next day. Smiley Happy I will most definitely use Cap 1 Auto again for my next purchase!

Check this site  out & read it thoroughly before going to any dealership. It helped me save a TON of money I otherwise would have been suckered into parting with at the dealership.
Message 7 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

what were your FICOs and do you know if they were the auto enhanced FICOs they pulled?
Message 8 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, any idea if CarMax is an approved dealership?? 
Message 9 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

GETNUMBERSUP wrote:
what were your FICOs and do you know if they were the auto enhanced FICOs they pulled?

My scores were around 680's or so & I was approved at 7.80% as I hadn't had an auto loan in almost 5 years. I have no idea if they used the "auto enhanced scores" or not but they did pull all 3.

LEEHI, yes you can use a Cap 1 Blank Check at CarMax. Taken from the F.A.Q. page at Cap 1 Auto.

"5.Can I buy my vehicle from a used car superstore?

Yes, CarMax®, Auto Nation®, CarsDirect.com®, CarOrder.com®, Hertz®, Enterprise®, and many other used car superstores have already been approved and have handled many of our customer vehicle purchases. As used car superstores continue to open, we will immediately consider adding them to our program."

Message Edited by DavidLee on 03-17-2008 11:54 AM
Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.