Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one auto

tag
oneloveforall_2000
Frequent Contributor

Capital one auto

they gave me an auto loan yesterday for 40k 11apr 72 months to pay, should i take it? I think they pulled eq which is my lowest score Smiley Sad, or should i keep shopping around untill someone pull tu?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Capital one auto

What are your FICO scores?  11% is very high.  Have you tried your banking institution, a credit union or a dealership?

I am in the market for a newer 1 or 2 years old, vehicle.  My bank quoted me a rate of 8% and said I would be better off trying to get the loan through the dealership because they can usually offer much better rates.

40k is a lot of money for a vehicle (at least to me Smiley Very Happy) I assume you are purchasing a new one?  If so -and your scores are good, you should be able to get a much lower rate from the dealer.  I know excellent scores bring the 0%, 1.9%,2.9% financing.........I would imagine (and I am guesstimating) that a decent but not excellent score could bring around 6% which is almost half of what cap1 quoted you.

Someone correct me if I am wrong

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital one auto

I am considering refinancing my auto loan w/Capital One.  My scores are:

EF 604
TU 624
EX 618

However, my wife's are:

EF 720
TU 721
EX 760

The loan is currently in my name only as is the title - do you think Capital One would allow a joint app on the refinance loan, without having to add my wife to the TITLE of the car?  Reason being, I really don't feel like going through that rigamarole if I don't have to, sitting down at the Maryland Vehicle Administration, for hours and hours...to put her on title...LOL...

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.