Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash from second job

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cash from second job

So I am in the process of getting everything ready for a mortgage one of the problems I have is I have my regular Monday through Friday job . But on the weekends I bounce at a bar where I make anywhere from 200 to 600 a weekend cash off the books.  So I have a couple grand laying around my place that I want to deposit because it would be great for my down payment but from what I’ve read this is not a good idea because they will ask me where the money is coming from. Is there anyway I can deposit it  with out it being a big deal , can I tell them I work off the books ,

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
courtney091082
Regular Contributor

Re: Cash from second job

@Anonymous wrote:

So I am in the process of getting everything ready for a mortgage one of the problems I have is I have my regular Monday through Friday job . But on the weekends I bounce at a bar where I make anywhere from 200 to 600 a weekend cash off the books.  So I have a couple grand laying around my place that I want to deposit because it would be great for my down payment but from what I’ve read this is not a good idea because they will ask me where the money is coming from. Is there anyway I can deposit it  with out it being a big deal , can I tell them I work off the books ,

Unless you plan on waiting at least 60-90 days to go for your loan I would not deposit it. Sounds like it would be self employment income, "off the books" doesn't really work for them. 

9/1/2012 ...DRUMROLL .... EQ .. 776!!

I'm FINALLY a homeowner .. 10/24/12!!!!

My Cards ~~~GARDENING~~~ BNSF CU ($1000) BOA ($2500) Amazon / GE ($900) AMEX BCE ($2500) Chase Freedom ($3000) US Bank Cash + (7500)
Message 2 of 6
imandy
Valued Member

do not deposit it unless you're more than 90 days out from applying. The only thing you could do is deposit it in an account that you don't tell them about.  I don't think you need anyone on here to tell you not to tell a bank that you work somewhere that is paying you illegally.

Message 3 of 6
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

You can use the cash to buy money orders to pay normal bills with. Or load it onto a prepaid visa and use it to pay bills.... or deposit now and let it age for a few months.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 6
indecison
Regular Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
You can use the cash to buy money orders to pay normal bills with. Or load it onto a prepaid visa and use it to pay bills.... or deposit now and let it age for a few months.

+1

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep it out of the account...find a way to use it and save your paycheck to build it up in your account.  We were gifted money about 30 days ago and its killing us in our mortgage process.  We are supposed to close on the 28th and it wont be 60 days until October 6th, so I can guarantee my closing will be about 10-15 days late.  Not worth the hassle

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.