cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chance for Mortgage

tag
jag11

Chance for Mortgage

Hello. Question for the experts out there!! Middle score is 633. Looking for a $130,0000 construction loan. Will put down $10,000 and have the property as well under my name. Credit history clean for past 13 months. DTI is around 17%. What chance do I have to qualify???
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chance for Mortgage

Do you own the property?
How much is the property worth?

jag11 wrote:
Hello. Question for the experts out there!! Middle score is 633. Looking for a $130,0000 construction loan. Will put down $10,000 and have the property as well under my name. Credit history clean for past 13 months. DTI is around 17%. What chance do I have to qualify???

Message 2 of 9
jag11

Yes, I do own the property and it is worth around $25,000.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not an expert on constuction loans-

I know my CU would do this-
Be prepared to explain the prior lates-

Given the lower risk to the bank- I think they would do it.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

What stat is this property in?
Message 5 of 9
jag11

Property is in Louisiana...... Local market is still booming from Katrina and Rita
Message 6 of 9
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

With the equity in the property and the additional $10k you plan on putting down (totalling 20%+ down payment), as long as your debt to income ratio qualifies you'll have a good chance of getting approved for Fannie Mae's HomeStyle construction loan program.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

too many credit accounts?

how many credit accounts within a period of a year is too many?

Message Edited by jefyjofa on 03-25-2008 07:21 AM
Message 8 of 9
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: too many credit accounts?

jefyjofa wrote:
how many credit accounts within a period of a year is too many?

There is no specific amount, but it's related to how many accounts you currently have.  I've had "too many new accounts" comment on a credit report listed for someone who only had 4 accounts, and they got 1 new account in the past year.  I've also had the same comment for someone who had 30 existing accounts and opened 4 of them in the past year.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.