cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chances of getting FHA LOAN with 640 credit score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chances of getting FHA LOAN with 640 credit score?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Princess9483
Valued Member

Re: Chances of getting FHA LOAN with 640 credit score?

@Anonymous wrote:

whats the chances of a 23/24 year old getting a FHA loan?

My brother who's 23 years old is trying to get an FHA LOAN for a home in Nashville for our parents in the next 6 months. 

My brother credit situation is a lot better than mine... here's his qualifications:

Credit History and SCORE:

Credit Card #1: $300 limit. Age: 14months. No lates, and balance is 10% percent utilization. 

Credit Card #2:  $500 limit. Age: 4 months. No lates, and balance is 15% utilization

Credit Card #3: $250 limit Age 6 months. No lates, and balance is 0% = he said he's going to buy some food tonight with it, just to show some activity. 

Score just reached a 640

BADDIES:

3 Medical bills from years 2011-2013 they are all under $500.00 and one is marked paid. 

1 Judgement from an apartment in which the lease was broken due to a roommate situation. However, it is now marked paid and full and has been for 1 year. 

INCOME/EMPLOYMENT:

Been at his current job for about 8 months, makes about $1400 a month before taxes. 

He's just been hired at his second job in which his monthly income with this job will be around $1500 before taxes. This job is a contract sort of job, he will work 4 months out of the year. 

His monthly income will be around $2,900.00 

He also does freelance work on the side. But that won't count.

What is his chances? Anyone ever experience getting a fha loan at a young age?

The townhome we're looking at is $85,000. 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths

Sounds like he has a good chance of getting a loan. You just have to calculate his ratios and figure out what taxes and insurance will be. Ratios are usually 31/43. Good Luck!

Fico: Beginning 506 (11/2013)
TU 619 (10/2015)
1/2017: Equifax 659, TU 655, Experian 642
Mortgage middle: TU 630
Goal 700 (but will settle for mortgage 640)

Current: TU 665 Oct '17
Message 2 of 4
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

You will have a hard time getting them to count the second job towards your income for mortgage consideration. Strictly due to its new and its contract. I believe you have to show 2 years of it being steady for it to count from what I've read on here.
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cartwrna wrote:
You will have a hard time getting them to count the second job towards your income for mortgage consideration. Strictly due to its new and its contract. I believe you have to show 2 years of it being steady for it to count from what I've read on here.

Correct, you will need history to use the income from the second job. What are his other debts? With his income alone, it's going to be difficult qualifying for more than $90k.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.