Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chances of getting approved ??????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chances of getting approved ??????

Here's the deal:

My scores range from 676 to 665. No real difference between them. I haven't had any lates since December 07 and January 08. I have been consistenlty paying my cc off each month and doing well with that.   My husbands TU is 574 with a paid judgment due to fall off in 2010 and a collection, Eq 609, with the same collection and up until two days ago the same judgment. I disputed the judgment because the status was not updated to show paid and they removed it. Not sure why or if this will help his credit score. Is it likely the other bureaus will remove the judgment as well? The judgment has been paid since 2005, is it still having a major affect on his credit score? Any help is apperciated.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
nathan
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chances of getting approved ??????

Disputing an item with one cra does not automatically generate a deletion with the others. Dispute the judgement with the other cras, but be aware there is no guarantee they will delete too. Also, do not expect any score improvement if this judgement was one of his oldest accounts. I had an old judgement deleted and I actually lost 10 points. Please read credit 101 from this forum and you will well eduacted on credit issues.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.