Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chances of qualifying for USDA guaranteed home loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chances of qualifying for USDA guaranteed home loan

No they won't use her income for DTI as she has no legal obligation to pay the loan if she is not on the mortgage (unless it is a community property state) but they will use any income from anyone in the household for eligibility purposes (to make sure you don't exceed income limits.)
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think so. They will only count your debt and income. They will however count her income to qualify for the usda loan. They count household income for that.
Message 12 of 16
jg1983
Regular Contributor

If I put her on the loan and she has no credit how will that affect things? Without her on the loan my dti jumps to about 35%. Is that too high?
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

They will use the lowest middle score to base approval. If she has no score then I am not sure how that would effect things.
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

DTI backend (with proposed mortgage) or DTi just current obligations?

29/41 is USDA unless there are exceptions that can be made (posted on the other Usda thread) and need a 680 middle score.
Message 15 of 16
kjade1030

640 is needed for USDA without doing a manual underwrite which you DO NOT want to do since you already have a 631.  Feel free to email me what your credit is like, and I am sure i can tell you how to get above 640.  Your wife's income will count as far as meeting the income limits, but will not help with calculating dti.  At 35% you are good to go though.  Income limits vary a ton based on where you are located, but they are all listed on USDA's website if you click eligibility.  Let me know if you need help and good luck!

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.