cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Employers in same industry

tag
slylee987

Changing Employers in same industry

I've been with same employer now for almost 2 years... I was promoted to my current possition about a year ago... a competitor is offering me more money... but I'm concerned that if I take the offer it would affect my credit worthyness subce I was unemployed for almost 2 years before that.... Should I stay and secure my creit goals first then take another position with the compitition? Have any of you been through this and what happened? What was the end result?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
namvet
Established Contributor

Re: Changing Employers in same industry

As long as you stay in the "same line of work" you will have no problem with the qualifying process.  New job=mo $ then go for it.  Good luck!

Message 2 of 6
foofighter74
Established Contributor

My wife changed jobs within the same industry after our conditional approval and the only impact was positive.  In addition, she had a period of about 7 years or so where she did not work while she was raising kids...she had been at her previous job for 4 years or so before the job change.

Message 3 of 6
slylee987

Thanks for your encouragement

Message 4 of 6
slylee987

Thanks for sharing your experience

Message 5 of 6
tirado126
Contributor

our choices were limited in loan shopping due to changing jobs 5 months ago, even though i've been in the industry for 20 years. the big banks won't look at you, so we definitely had to go through a broker. 

Good luck!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Score: EQ 542, TU 503, EX 580 (all lender pulled 06/07/11)
Current Score: EQ 649, TU 722, EX 654 (pulled Dec 2013)
Goal Score: 700 club for all 3 agencies!

CapOne$750/FP$400/Matrix$300/VS$500/Walmart$500/BestBuy$1K/KayJeweler$2K (last app 12/16/13)
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.