Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge off question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Charge off question

Can somebody explain to me the effect of certain charge offs on loan approval? I have two CC charge offs and one from Verizon ( utility) ALL are paid and were charged off in 2008/09. At the request of our current LO we contacted a credit counselor back in March who advised us to dispute these accts. they were all verified and therefore the reporting date is now 4/12. Could this be why our LO is struggling with getting our loan approved? These were all on the report he used to pre approve us but now there seem to be issues.....he can't really tell me specifics for whatever reason so I am trying to figure things out on my own.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
User273165
Regular Contributor

Re: Charge off question

Does it say "in dispute" in your reports? I know that is a big problem when it comes to loan approval...

Are the charge offs paid?
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paid and not in dispute.
Message 3 of 5
beb86
Valued Contributor

Shouldn't be a problem since the are paid and old...Before I applied for my loan I paid my AMEX CO and the updated my CRs with CO notations for the 7 mo prior. I have no idea why only the previous 7 months and not further back. My LO briefly asked me about it but it was never an issue. I did an FHA though.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@beb86 wrote:

Shouldn't be a problem since the are paid and old...Before I applied for my loan I paid my AMEX CO and the updated my CRs with CO notations for the 7 mo prior. I have no idea why only the previous 7 months and not further back. My LO briefly asked me about it but it was never an issue. I did an FHA though.

spoke with a new LO about this today and just as you said, he asked about them but wasn't concerned since they are all paid.  YAY

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.