Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge offs and Mortage -Seeking Clarification

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Charge offs and Mortage -Seeking Clarification

Good afternoon Team,

I have read and heard alot about charge offs and mortage (conventional ) But  I am confused . If a charge off Ages off and is no longer reporting , will it still show up when a lender pulls up my credit report ? I Read some posts that if your loan is > 150000, The old Debts past CRTP Will still show 

I ask this becuase , several of my Baddies are falling off this year  (charge offs ,CA)and i have to make a decision to settle them PIF or something

Thanks!

goal is to buy a house in 2016 (see link below)

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/when-to-begin-the-process/m-p/3706638#M158260

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Charge offs and Mortage -Seeking Clarification

@Anonymous wrote:

Good afternoon Team,

I have read and heard alot about charge offs and mortage (conventional ) But  I am confused . If a charge off Ages off and is no longer reporting , will it still show up when a lender pulls up my credit report ? I Read some posts that if your loan is > 150000, The old Debts past CRTP Will still show 

I ask this becuase , several of my Baddies are falling off this year  (charge offs ,CA)and i have to make a decision to settle them PIF or something

Thanks!

goal is to buy a house in 2016 (see link below)

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/when-to-begin-the-process/m-p/3706638#M158260

Anything past CRTP isnt going to show on a normal credit report that gets run. Some may show on whats called a full factual report, negative items on this report can show up back 10 years. CRAs do not keep them around forever they get purged from the system just like good accounts do after 10 years post close. The full factual report is a very costly report as everything also has to be manually verified and lenders dont want to pay for them that often. What I would suggest is once they drop due to CRTP is to cut deals with them to settle for 10 to 20 percent, they are zombies after CRTP & states SOL passes and you are the one in the drivers seat then, good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.