Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Mortgage lates, chances of GW

tag
ls2016
Frequent Contributor

Chase Mortgage lates, chances of GW

Has anyone had any goodwill success with removing late payments with Chase Mortgage. My mortgage is with Chase and I have 28 late payments: 25 thirty-day lates, and 3 sixty-day lates, spanning from 2010-2016. At the time my ex-husband was responsible for the payments. He paid it, but always paid it LATE. The payments have been made on time within the last year, but so much damage is done now. I've not attempted any good will letters as of yet. I would like to re-fi my mortgage, but knows that it's an uphill battle. And thoughts anyone?
Current FICO 8s: Ex 768, Tu 741, Eq 741
Current FICO 9s: Ex 775, Tu ?? Eq 781
Total TLs: $120,000
8 (30-60 day) mortgage lates and 2 (30 day) auto lates remain from Jan., Feb. 2016
Current Mortgage Ex. Fico 2 787
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Mortgage lates, chances of GW

I have not had any dealings with Chase, but being the late payments are pretty recent... and extended for a long period of time, I wouldnt count on it.  But hey, calling and sweet talking the right person might do the trick... you never know until you try.

Message 2 of 4
wa3more
Established Contributor

i have a couple mortgages with chase and had a 30 day late in 2009. Despite having 20 years of on time payments, they refused to delete or even stop reporting. Integrity of reporting they said. I wrote emails to everyone at every level. It just fell off a few months ago.

Long way of saying your chances are slim...but you might get lucky.

Message 3 of 4
ls2016
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to give it a try. It wouldn't be my first time being told no and definitely won't be the last. Supposedly, the account goes into positive standing in 2021. Did I say that out loud? Lol
Current FICO 8s: Ex 768, Tu 741, Eq 741
Current FICO 9s: Ex 775, Tu ?? Eq 781
Total TLs: $120,000
8 (30-60 day) mortgage lates and 2 (30 day) auto lates remain from Jan., Feb. 2016
Current Mortgage Ex. Fico 2 787
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.