cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Mortgage refi offer...legit or not?

tag
ccsauer
Contributor

Citi Mortgage refi offer...legit or not?

Hey, I got a refi offer from Citi, not in the mail, but through UPS. I neglected to save the UPS envelope to check the address on it, but after doing a Google search on the 1-800 number on it, it is saying that it's a collections number, and I can't find anything associating it with Citi. When I call it, it sounds professional, but my scam-detector in my brain is going off. The issue is, though, that I _do_ have a loan with Citi, and all the info on my loan is correct, however, I realize this information is pretty easy to come by.

My question is, does anyone know about an offer like this, and if so, is it better to try and refi with my current loaner, or with another party?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Mortgage refi offer...legit or not?

Call up the customer service number on your mortgage statement, rather than the 800 # on this offer that came via UPS.  There are scams out there that will portray themselves as your mortgage company, so it is right to question this offer being sent to you.  If it is legit, see what they have to offer and compare it to 2 or 3 other mortgage lenders or brokers.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.