Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CityWorth Mortgage?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CityWorth Mortgage?

I've been working on my credit a lot in the past year and have begun gardening. I received a "pre-approval" letter from this outfit called CityWorth Mortgage. Are letters like this really worth the paper they're written on? I'm certainly intrigued, and interested, but loathe to experience another disappointment at this stage.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: CityWorth Mortgage?

No experience with them. Their google reviews are mixed.  What is your mortgage score and do you have an easy file?

Message 2 of 8
me12345
Frequent Contributor

Not worth a thing....This is just marketing

Even if they did a SP for your scores, a Mortgage loan has too many variables to factor in to do ligitimate "Pre-Qualified" mailers, and certianly NOT "Pre-Approved" mailers.

Thanks,

VA & FHA down to 550...
Licensed Senior Mortgage Loan Officer in the states of Arizona & California
Specializing in VA, FHA, USDA & Conventional loans. My company is also licensed in 12 states, Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, California, Oregon, Washington, Utah,
Alaska, New Mexico, Texas, Illinois and Florida
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your responses. I'm going to order my mortgage score just so that I can get a real number to work with. I'm new at this, so I'm not sure how tough my file would be. Based on the info I've gathered so far, I think I will dispose of the letter I received and continue gardening for a while.
Message 4 of 8
me12345
Frequent Contributor

These are my tips for FHA qualifying from an earlier post....I hope it helps

This is the 5 simple rules of qualifying for an FHA Mortgage

1. No Foreclosures within the last 3 years (2 years for BK)

2. At least 2 years employment history.

3. DTI no more than 50% of Gross income (total consumer debt + new house payment)

4. FICO scores of at least 620 or higher with no liens or judgments

5. 3.5% of purchase price for down payment. (This can be gifted)

That's it...if you meet the above criteria then you will qualify 99% of the time.... Its that simple.

Thanks,

VA & FHA down to 550...
Specializing in VA, FHA, USDA & Conventional loans. My company is also licensed in 12 states, Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, California, Oregon, Washington, Utah,
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

These are my tips for FHA qualifying from an earlier post....I hope it helps This is the 5 simple rules of qualifying for an FHA Mortgage 1. No Foreclosures within the last 3 years (2 years for BK) 2. At least 2 years employment history. 3. DTI no more than 50% of Gross income (total consumer debt + new house payment) 4. FICO scores of at least 620 or higher with no liens or judgments 5. 3.5% of purchase price for down payment. (This can be gifted) That's it...if you meet the above criteria then you will qualify 99% of the time.... Its that simple. --------------------------------------------------------------- This certainly simplifies things. Thanks a million.
Message 6 of 8
Spider07
Regular Contributor

@me12345 wrote:

3. DTI no more than 50% of Gross income (total consumer debt + new house payment)

That's it...if you meet the above criteria then you will qualify 99% of the time.... Its that simple.

Thanks,

so what happened in the other 1% of people that met those 5 rules? Why were they denied?

Message 7 of 8
me12345
Frequent Contributor

@Spider07 wrote:

@me12345 wrote:

Thanks,

so what happened in the other 1% of people that met those 5 rules? Why were they denied?

Just like everything else, nothing is "Sure" thing, especially when it comes to Mortgage Pre-qualification... But meeting the above requirements is as close as you can get. 

I've had cases where they met the above requirements, but had not filed tax returns, or where they have filed tax returns,  but not paid the liability, or just have other credit issues where we could not get an AUS approval.... Nothing is guaranteed, but 99% is still good. 

Thanks, 

VA & FHA down to 550...
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.