cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clear To Close BUT loan officer wants latest paystub day of closing.. Normal?

tag
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Re: Clear To Close BUT loan officer wants latest paystub day of closing.. Normal?

What other things do they check? I could see checking funds possibly, but once you have CTC, could they check credit again? Anything else?

Message 11 of 19
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Re: Clear To Close BUT loan officer wants latest paystub day of closing.. Normal?

I agree with above, nothing to worry about.  As far as the commission being low, that's normal.  I assume they verified two years of income?  That's what they required of me because of my sales commission structure.

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 12 of 19
namvet
Established Contributor

IME a clear to close means nothing more will be required from the borrower to get the loan sent from the underwriter to the closing agent (title company,atty etc).  However, mistakes can still be made.  I'm sure the op's loan would still have made it to the closing agent and a condition (pay check stubs) would have been requested for closing and funding. 

Message 13 of 19
cclee
Regular Contributor

Mike, my lender did a soft pull they day it recorded/funded.  They did warn before hand that they will do that, just to make sure we hadn't taken on new debt.

In The Garden Until 11/01/15 - Last App 11/03/13
Message 14 of 19
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

@cclee wrote:

Mike, my lender did a soft pull they day it recorded/funded.  They did warn before hand that they will do that, just to make sure we hadn't taken on new debt.

Is new debt all their care about or do they look at the score again too? My biggest fear that is my score will plummet before we can close because of a judgment that isn't reporting but I've been making payments on (lender knows about it). If the judgment starts reporting, that could really sink my scores.

Message 15 of 19
Jutz
Valued Contributor

I'd have to guess the judgement alone would be enough to be an issue.  If you're open with your lender about it, make sure to discuss your fears with them so they can either talk you through it, or possibly even ease your fears.

Edit:  Also, what kind of a judgement?  If it were a tax judgement, a bank would be very fearful of a lien being slapped on their nice new shiny mortgage.

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 16 of 19
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Judgment is from a credit card, not a tax judgment. I have a payment plan in place that I've been paying on, lender knows about it and said everything looks fine with it, not to worry. I'm just worried about it possibly starting to report and dropping my score, though it shouldn't, since is 5 years old already and never reported...would be some crazy bad luck for it to show up in the next 3 weeks.

Message 17 of 19
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Sounds like it's under control (or as much as it can be).

Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 18 of 19
venasera03

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.