Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clear to Close!....Finally

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Clear to Close!....Finally

I have been perusing this board for a while now, occasionally asking questions and commenting.  The information here is so helpful and reading other's story during underwriting is a HUGE comfort!  We made an offer on a foreclosure home on January 15, our offer was accepted on January 21st ( we won the bidding process).  The process begin the next day and today, finally, I heard the words CLEAR TO CLOSE!  I did have to jump through some hoops, but if anyone would  have issues, it's me.  Here are the details if you're interested. 

Price:  175,000

5% downpayment

3.75% interest rate (my middle score was 694)

I have a non-purchasing spouse (he has a couple of credit issues, and owns his own business)

Yearly income:  56,750

DTI:  41%

I had one old bad account with zero balance from 2007 and one paid collection ($100) from 2008 on my credit report

The hardest thing during this process has been the waiting!   I, like many others, am very grateful to have the board to read and find answers to lots of questions. 

Thanks again everybody!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Clear to Close!....Finally

congrats. you earned it

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's great.  Congratulations!

Message 3 of 11
monaarts_hotmail
Established Member

I also just got my clear to close this week.  It is such an amazing feeling!  I close tomorrow at 3pm and can not wait for the keys to be dropped into my hand.  :-)

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 5 of 11
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Wow!! Offer accepted to clear to close in a month on a foreclosure.Smiley Surprised I bow down to you. My process took almost seven months with 4 of those being offer acceptance.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you everyone.   @Holding, it was a foreclosure that had been on the market once before and I guess the contract fell through, so I think they were ready to be finished with it.  Our realtor told us that there were many people bidding on it, so we just went for the price they were asking and we were accepted.  Also, it is in very good shape.  We had looked at other foreclosures that were in very poor shape and would have needed a lot of work to move in.  We will be able to begin move in on Monday after we close.  It is FHA owned and they had put in new carpet, new paint and it is very clean.  We will have to change the locks and move in our new appliances and we're ready to go!  Very blessed to have found this house!!

Message 7 of 11
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That's great, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 8 of 11
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Congrats! So happy for you! :-)
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 9 of 11
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Congrats good job
Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.