Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clear to Close?

tag
tgrantly
Valued Member

Clear to Close?

What happens if the closing date has to be moved back once you have the CTC?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Clear to Close?

Are you within your COE timeframe or have all parties agreed to an extension? If so, just less pre-paid interest and a longer wait until you get your keys. If you have impounds and the closing date gets moved to the next month, you may have to pay a different number of months for property tax.

Message 2 of 4
Wovenyarn
Regular Contributor

I'm wondering about that as well since my sellers are also closing on a new house on the same day they are selling me theirs.  We are scheduled to close on 9/29 and still have not CTC.

Freedom $3k, DCU $5k, BoA Rewards $1k, BoA Americard $2k, Barclay's Ring $3k, Cap 1 Plat $2k, QS1 $2k, Discover IT $500, Lowe's $10k

Scores: EQ 687, TU 709, EX 692
Message 3 of 4
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@Wovenyarn wrote:

I'm wondering about that as well since my sellers are also closing on a new house on the same day they are selling me theirs.  We are scheduled to close on 9/29 and still have not CTC.

Your file will be CTC closer to your closing date....could even be the day before closing. I've see files CTC in the AM and closed in the PM of the same day. Don't be concerned about not having the CTC yet. It is still early in the process.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.