cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clear to close! Another success, thanks to these boards!

tag
kball64
Frequent Contributor

Clear to close! Another success, thanks to these boards!

Thank you thank you!!  To all those that have offered me advice and info!!!   

I received the phone call from our LO this morning.  He said he was calling with the magical words "You are clear to close!"  Our file was in UW for approximately one day.  It came back with no conditions! 

In February 2007 my EQ fico was 543.  It's been a long road to get here.  Here is our timeline...

February 2007 - August 2009 - worked hard to clean up my credit - got mid score to 680.

August 2nd - Found house - put in offer.

August 3rd - Offer accepted.  Applied over the phone to Viewpoint Bank Mortgage - 4:15 p.m. that afternoon received Automated UW approval w/condition.  I had to have "Consumer disputes statement" removed from item on reports.

August 4-18 - Worked close with creditor and CRA's to have dispute statement removed.  LOTS of worry, sweat and tears.

August 19 - Phone call from LO.  My reports are clear of dispute stmt and file is going to UW.

August 20 - Phone call from LO.  File back from UW - Clear to close!  Closing scheduled for August 28th.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Clear to close! Another success, thanks to these boards!

Excellent News!!!!!!  Congrats!!  Smiley Very Happy

Now...there's only one thing you need to do....contact LO and ask for your reports to be emailed to you, open it up & take a look at that EX score!  You are paying to have your CR's pulled & that EX FICO belongs to you!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Congrats!
Retired Lender
Message 3 of 5
kball64
Frequent Contributor

Thank you!  I got the EX score from him already.  It was the highest of the 3, even though EQ and TU were slightly lower than the scores I got from this website. 
Message 4 of 5
msnabs
Valued Member

Wonderful news!!! Enjoy your home!!!
Experience is the best teacher........sometimes you have to pay for it with your youth.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.