Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clear to close?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Clear to close?

We have met all underwritings conditions  not hard just a lot of VA paperwork, more bank statement and our rent receipts from our apartment complex  didn't work they wanted canceled checks. the lenders submitted our final loan package FRIDAY.  They said we are waiting to hear clear to close yet the scheduled us closing On April 30th. 

We haven't told anybody yet we are soooo scared of this falling through. Does it sound like this is really happening or could everything still fall apart this late in the game?   Our lender said we should be fine. But this is our 3 lender, after 1 lied on the mortgage application we left that bank and Navy Federal flat out denied us due to 1 paid satisfied judgment in 2009 . That is what the denial letter said from Navy Federal the loan officer refused to talk to us after she told Husband we were denied, told him we could find out whenever the letter arrived.

I am just so nervous we have worked for several years repairing my husbands credit due to his first wife's spending sprees and not paying bills on 2 deployments.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Clear to close?

Who are you going thru for your loan? We are currently going thru Wells Fargo for a VA Loan...

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stearns Lending. We heard about them from our realtor who had other VA clients use them . They had really good results from them.  We haven't really had any problems with them. Just normal things(  our  loan officer went on vacation for a week but he still called us and took our calls on his personal cell. )

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

What was your required score to get a VA Loan thru Stearns?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not sure about their Min score.  Hubby's were 656, 658, 676.  Mine were right around there as well.  so I believe they said our mid score was 658. They never said anything about it needing to be higher.  We were 3 years past foreclosure 3 years past late payments and 3 years since judgment ( satisfied in 2010 but documents to prove hubby was deployed when served)  . We had to show good rental history cancelled checks,  rent receipts didn't work.  .  Only 1 paid medical collection from 08 for about 600. They didn't care about that.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.