Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleared to Close but Curious

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cleared to Close but Curious

I'm in the process of buying a home; I'm actually a little less than 2 weeks away from closing. Up to this point my lender has been very open to discussing things with me and letting me know exactly what is happening in the process. Now the loan has gotten the 'clear to close' and has been sent to the closer. I'm curious what happens while the loan is in the closing department. This is the first time in the process I feel in the dark about what's happening now. Can someone shed some light? (I'm sure there's nothing to worry about I'm just wondering what happens between now and my closing date).

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cleared to Close but Curious

Basically the closer gets with the title company and finishes all the paper work including getting the exact amount you are going to need to bring at closing. other than that, they get with the seller to find a good time and do the same with you.

Its really nothing more than prepping the file to close.  You could close this week if you pushed for it

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!   I didn't know if I needed to still have my email open all the time, and sleep 2 feet from the fax machine, or if I could just finish packing.

Message 3 of 6
luvsandyshores
Regular Contributor

Yes, they have little gremlins in the background doing things like figuring out "if the closing is on February 3, and it is a leap year, exactly how much of the real estate tax for the year is paid by the people who lived in the house until 2/2/12, and how much is to be paid by the people who own the house starting on 2/3/12."

I think they have computer programs that figure this out quite easily now, but it is the number one reason I disliked real estate law.

You can relax and let the closers have the headache for a while!  Congratulations!

CH13 confirmed 1/2016
Message 4 of 6
Elated
Contributor

Hi kjc143, I'm in a similar situation. I am also scheduled to close in approximately 2 weeks. Actually, I just found this out on Monday (Yeah), and mile file was on submitted to the underwriter last Friday...what a quick turn around huh? Anyway, much like you, the loan processors have been absolutely wonderful and have kept me abreast about everything throughout the entire process. However, I do have some concerns as to whether or not all communication from them will cease at this point. Only time will tell I guess huh?

I'll keep you posted. But, like another poster said, just let the closers do their work...I'm sure everything will be ok. This is the 4th home I've purchased, but by far, this has been the easiest process I've gone through.

I wish you the very best of luck...everything will be fine, there's no turning back now!Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again!  I've just gotten acclimated to being on edge all the time waiting on the next request for information.  All in all the process has been MUCH less painful than I expected, and maybe that's why I'm antsy now about the closing process.  But, now it's about a week away and I have checked back in with both the lender and my real estate agent to make sure there are no open items on my end; the lawyers can HAVE all the stress as far as I'm concerned! 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.