Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close call

tag
bbrannan
Regular Contributor

Close call

Alright. Got everything credit-wise squared away and got back on track. Just in time too cause we had inspection on Saturday. And I am glad that I got that inspection! WOW! The list of things that were ok with the house was a shorter list than the things that needed serious repair. Everything from new roof to foundation problems to exposed electrical copper in the walls. Needless to say, I have backed out of that contract. My option period ended on it tomorrow so I was safe there.

Now - I have a question. I have been looking at other houses and I have found one that I would really like to look at. I was just wondering if it is bad protocol to contact the owner of a home or do I need to deal directly with the listing agent? I am unsure of what is considered ethical and certainly don't want to "step on anyone's toes" so I thought I could ask here and someone could tell me. The house is listed with an agent and I am anxious to just look at it.But neither the listing agent nor my agent is available for several days. So, would it be considered "wrong" to go up to the door and contact the owner or just be patient and wait until the agent is available?

Cards: AMEX Zync NPSL, AMEX BCE, NFCU LOC $15K, NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards $14K, NFCU Flagship Visa Signature $14K, USAA Platinum M/C $3.5K, USAA AMEX $2K, Capital One Cash Rewards $3.5K, WalMart $10K, Lowes $10K, Home Depot $8250, Amazon $4K, Discover IT $1K

Starting Score: EX: 570 EQ: 520 TU 602
Current Score: AMEX EX:717 MyFico EQ 688 Walmart TU 749 MyFico TU 740
Goal Score: 750+ across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Re: Close call

If you already have a buyer's agent by signing a contract with him, you are obligated to go through him/her for all showing requests. If not, you could contact the agent or the seller. It is best to contact the agent regardless as they will do all the legwork for you.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 2 of 4
bbrannan
Regular Contributor

Time for an update - I waited for my agent to go look at these houses. And I am glad that I did because she took me to look at several houses and I found the home that I have been looking for! Perfect for me and my kids! I ended up putting in an offer on it, they accepted and we were under contract 2 days later! So here we are - a week and a half later...inspection is done, appraisal is done, termite is done...just waiting on survey. Kind of surprised me that the appraisal was done that fast! They showed up at the exact same day and time as my home inspection. In any case, I checked with my LO to ask her if this might go a little faster this time around since I had already gone through the UW for the other house. But she said that the UW will not give approval this time until everything is submitted. Appraisal, survey, etc. So - we are waiting on the survey to get done and turned in. Once that is done, any thoughts as to how long it may take UW? And should I be worried about anything? Nothing new has popped up, all negatives are gone on reports, DTI is good, and I am not nearly as concerned this time around. Perhaps I am over confident but I am just more confident that everything will work this time on this house. Now I am just anxious and ready for it all to finalize so that I can move. Our expected closing date is April 8th on a VA loan - but since everything has happened so fast up to this point, I was curious if there is a chance that we might could close earlier. Oh yah - the house is vacant and move-in ready (if that makes any difference.) I asked my LO this same question but she says its really not likely. That we will be doing good to be able to close on the 8th...

Cards: AMEX Zync NPSL, AMEX BCE, NFCU LOC $15K, NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards $14K, NFCU Flagship Visa Signature $14K, USAA Platinum M/C $3.5K, USAA AMEX $2K, Capital One Cash Rewards $3.5K, WalMart $10K, Lowes $10K, Home Depot $8250, Amazon $4K, Discover IT $1K

Starting Score: EX: 570 EQ: 520 TU 602
Current Score: AMEX EX:717 MyFico EQ 688 Walmart TU 749 MyFico TU 740
Goal Score: 750+ across the board

Message 3 of 4
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

I'm sure what your LO really means is that you are in line behind others and the underwriter will not advance your file just because the information came in faster than they thought. The markets have been really busy of late with purchases and refinances. Just hang in there. April 8th is just around the corner. So glad you found the house that's right for you and got the offer accepted so quickly.Smiley Happy

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.