cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed - After a BK / Forclosure

tag
met365784

Closed - After a BK / Forclosure

Wow, what a roller coaster of a journey, but I finally was able to close on a house on good friday! It was interesting to say the least, full of plenty of suspense and a few let downs. Here is the background.

Bankruptcy discharged in Aug 2008, included an FHA backed mortgage (Claim wan't paid until Jan 2009). I first talked to a loan officer 2yrs post BK7 just to find out that it would be a 3yr wait. As the 3yr mark approached I spoke with a loan officer who said we looked good, and wouldn't have any problems. So with high hopes we put in an offer on a house, only to find out that we didn't have a clear caivrs, because of the difference in discharge vs claim paid date. At this point we were only a couple of months away from when the caivrs would be clear. What a let down.

Then the Feb 6 time frame came, and 2 weeks later we see a house we like and put in an offer, offer accepted, caivrs clear, ok great, we are looking good. Credit scores were great, with the nice surprise of a over 700 score for one of them, DTI ratios were 23/32, plenty of money to work with, so we figured should be no problem. We were scheduled to close 3-23-2012. Well Caivrs rears it's ugly head again as there was still a note of the claim on the report that had to be deleted before we could proceed. We got that removed on 3-19-2012, and were able to proceed. The underwriter didn't beat us up to badly with conditions, mainly LOE for recent inquires, that I had access to the funds in the joint account, BK, verification of employment and rent. Did a USDA Gauranteed loan, which after a few extensions were able to close - everything was down to the wire, as we didn't receive the clear to close until late morning on the day of closing. Closing was pushed back a bit, but we CLOSED.

The funny thing is Chase bought the loan and I had included a credit card from them in my BK, I wonder if after a few years when the BK falls off, if they'd forgive me and give me another chance with a credit card.... Anyways for those of you out there that have a BK and included an FHA loan with it, there is hope, just know that you may have a few bumps in the road, especially with the Caivrs report.

Starting: TU 04 643 EQ 623 EX v2 625 Aug 2010
Sept 2011: TU 98 666 TU 04 688 EQ 640 EX v2 633
Current Feb 2012 : TU 04 711 EQ 684 EX v2 689
Goal 720+ All
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Closed - After a BK / Forclosure

congrats, you earned it

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 9
Catacam
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!!!

CLOSED ON OUR FIRST HOME MAY 30TH!!!

Starting Score: TU 589 EQ 526 EX603
Current Score: TU 635 EQ 603 EX ??
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 9
germaine47
Frequent Contributor

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Fico September 2012; TU 681, EX 674, EQ 652
Fako October 2012: TU 706, EX 641,
Message 4 of 9
LindaLu
Regular Contributor

that's wonderful!!!   I feel your pain.....I too included a home in a bk7 but I kept the home myself and still pay the mortgage..  It seems like you are doomed for life sometimes doesn't it???

I am wondering if I could refinance a mortgage that I included in a bk7 but kept the home .  Does anyone know?  It's just that I don't get the mortgage payments reporting to the credit bureau and that would be a big help with my credit .

Would my current mortgage even consider doing it for me? 

Message 5 of 9
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Congrats.

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Message 6 of 9
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Congratulations! Time to celebrate all of your hard work and determination! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 9
K_J
Regular Contributor

all the hard work paid off, congratulations

Starting Score: EQ: 532, EX: 569, TU: 621 (All lender pull 10/15/11)
Score: EQ: 660,lender pull 4/13, EX: 671 lender pull 4/13, TU: 691 lender pull (4/13)
, current Score (3/16/17) EQ: 724. Goal Score: 700

Message 8 of 9
turion65x
Valued Member

Hello , Can you please PM your LO info that would be great , thanks in advance!

Starting Score: 660
Current Score: Gardening Mode! as of 8/25
Goal Score: 725+

Gardening .....
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.