cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed! The Saga unfolds...Financial Aid Disbursement Affect Closing?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Update! The Saga unfolds...Financial Aid Disbursement Affect Closing?

We're approaching the 11th hour. Title company is sending a mobile notary out to sellers to have them sign at 4:30 today. The seller also supposedly found someone to loan them the money so we're waiting on a wire. I suppose I should know whether this saga comes to an end or not in the next two hours.
Message 41 of 56
cclee
Regular Contributor

Good luck!  Hope they come thru this time, so weird.

In The Garden Until 11/01/15 - Last App 11/03/13
Message 42 of 56
awdsmama
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
We're approaching the 11th hour. Title company is sending a mobile notary out to sellers to have them sign at 4:30 today. The seller also supposedly found someone to loan them the money so we're waiting on a wire. I suppose I should know whether this saga comes to an end or not in the next two hours.

I don't know if you drink alcohol but after this ordeal you CERTAINLY deserve a nice cold beverage after it all wraps up!

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Message 43 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, according to my realtor the seller signed the documents and claims to have wired the money. Won't be certain until title company confirms as such in the morning.

While feeling relieved I also feel guilty about the seller's situation as it sounds like they didn't know what they were getting into when they signed the contract. I personally feel they should sue their realtor for negligence but I don't known if they'd have much of a chance.

The family seems really nice, and four kids. I wish there was something nice I could do for them, without coming off as condescending or patronizing. We couldn't afford to walk away from the sale, I just wish they were walking away with something. I demanded several times their realtor forfeit her commission but she adamantly refused despite being a horrible realtor and outright lying to us throughout the process.
Message 44 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

After all the delays the sellers money and paperwork came through last Thursday. We didn't have to resign any documents and the loan funded.

Since then it has been a whirlwind of moving/painting/repairing. I'm getting to be on a first name basis with the people at Home Depot.

Only problem now is finding a new tenant for the duplex we were renting. Our lease doesn't expire until May and the property manager is being a huge dick about it. We're completely moved out, everything is clean - he refuses to do a walkthrough because "we're responsible through the lease" has already threatened to sue for eviction if we don't pay through the end of our lease or find a new tenant, refuses to show the property because "he's not working for free". Also threatening to charge us fees for everything under the sun - listing fees, leasing fees, rey-keying fees. According to our lease agreement if we move out early we're only subject to paying a penalty of 85% of one month's rent.

Every time I speak with him he acts very condescending and annoyed, I almost want to lawyer up so I don't have to continue to deal with this **bleep**. I have a few online smear campaigns to go on once I get this wrapped up. I will inform anyone looking to do business with his company to steer clear and the reasons why - which I will gladly remove for a "removal fee."

Message 45 of 56
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

After all the delays the sellers money and paperwork came through last Thursday. We didn't have to resign any documents and the loan funded.

Since then it has been a whirlwind of moving/painting/repairing. I'm getting to be on a first name basis with the people at Home Depot.

Only problem now is finding a new tenant for the duplex we were renting. Our lease doesn't expire until May and the property manager is being a huge dick about it. We're completely moved out, everything is clean - he refuses to do a walkthrough because "we're responsible through the lease" has already threatened to sue for eviction if we don't pay through the end of our lease or find a new tenant, refuses to show the property because "he's not working for free". Also threatening to charge us fees for everything under the sun - listing fees, leasing fees, rey-keying fees. According to our lease agreement if we move out early we're only subject to paying a penalty of 85% of one month's rent.

Every time I speak with him he acts very condescending and annoyed, I almost want to lawyer up so I don't have to continue to deal with this **bleep**. I have a few online smear campaigns to go on once I get this wrapped up. I will inform anyone looking to do business with his company to steer clear and the reasons why - which I will gladly remove for a "removal fee."

He is just the Property Manager who works for someone. I would contact them and see if there was any way you can work out an arrangement to not fulfill your lease. I know you mentioned what your lease says, but for some reason there is always something that offsets it in their eyes.

Most of my customers that end up in these situations, usually find some one in the company to work with them. While sometimes it isnt much of a savings, it is still a savings, and sometimes its a major savings. Last client I had that ran into this issue the Property Management Home Office accepted 1 month and a half as a penalty and they had 10 months left on their lease. They even mailed their security deposit back to them about 2 months later I was told. No matter which route you go make sure you save all receipts, and get everything in writing! YMMV on how they handle things, but I would definetly go over his head.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 46 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on closing!  I'm sorry it was a sort of bittersweet moment, but at least it worked out in the end.

Hope you're enjoying sprucing up your new home.  Dealing with the former property manager is surely just a little blip on the radar at this point, and I'm sure you will be able to work something reasonable out.

Message 47 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

The "landlord" in this case is an investment holding company. From what I can tell without actually paying the fee to the records department there are three owners in an LLC who are all male, but the property manager refers to the landlord as a "she" so I'm wondering if she's the attorney for the LLC.

Either way, contacting the owner directly probably isn't going to be an option and the property manager is the co-owner of the property management company so there's not really any place to escalate there.

Message 48 of 56
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Re: Closed! The Saga unfolds...Financial Aid Disbursement Affect Closing?

Congrats on closing!!! I am also sorry there was so much ambiguity right before closing. There should be no more unknowns after clear to close, which makes the surprise of it very unpleasant. I also hope everything works out with your property manager. I think the advice given on this is great and please let us know how things work out...I'm wishing for the best. Enjoy getting your new home all setup. We closed on 2/6/13 and moved in the next day. We are still working on getting settled. Internet will be up today. TVs aren't arriving until next Thursday so we will be without TVs for a little while longer. But it gives us motivation to stay focused on the house. It will be nice to sit down and watch TV.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 49 of 56
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Rough situation...

Well the good news is you have your home, the bad news you still have to deal with the idiot for a few more months.

It will all be water under the bridge before you know it. Wish I had some other advice to offer..

I would probably after things are done and settled with write review after review, and making sure it is directed at him and his partnership company. Do not hold back names or anything. The more people speak up saves others from dealing with this nut case that think its all about them. Im sure he is upset that now he has a vacant property he is not generating income from. They get paid a percentage of the income generated.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 50 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.