Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Today!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closed Today!!!

Hi Everyone,

I have been a quiet observer on this forum since September 2008 when I decided to take a leap and attempt to buy a house.  It was a whim.....I do not even think I took myself serious b/c I had been plagued with bad debt.  I studied this site, mimicked others, and eventually applied for a loan.  Well, to my surprise I was preapproved in November and closed today.  I had a FHA at 5%, put down 3% (under contract since 12/08) and sellers paid closing costs.  Besides waiting for the sellers to find a house.....my contract was a contingency....my process was soooo smooth.  I was very skeptical with my lender because of all the banter in the media about folks getting tricked into ARM's however, I do not see how one can close without knowing exactly what they are getting.  I went into closing ready for a fight, just in case I was being tricked, and actually felt silly.  (too much t.v.)  Thanks to Shane, Dallas and everyone else for the educating the public on the steps necessary to secure a home.  I never thought it would be me!  I am soooo psyched!Smiley Happy

This forum is better than any home ownership class or workshop that I attended.  For all those who are trying to buy a home, hang tough....it is worth it!

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Regular Contributor

Re: Closed Today!!!

Congrats!!! Enjoy your new home.
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations. Enjoy your new home and stay around a while. Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 16
ronq
Regular Contributor

congrats
EX. 780 TU 794.
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

May I ask what your score is?

Thanks

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fantastic!  Welcome to your new home!
Message 7 of 16
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

I am so proud of you! Way to go and enjoy that beautiful new home of yours.  Smiley Happy

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 8 of 16
techman2008
New Contributor

Congratulations. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: TU 797 EQ 798 EX 774 10/26/2008
Current Score: TU 787 EQ 784 EX ??? 09/19/2010
Goal Score: 790

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 16
tanisha04
Established Member

Congratulations! I hope to be able to make a post like this in 2009!Smiley Happy
Current Cards

Current Fico 9 Scores - May 2023: Equifax - 774 Transunion - 763 Experian - 761
Current Fico 8 Scores - June 2023: Equifax - 737 Transunion - 727 Experian - 738
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.