Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed and Funded!

tag
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Closed and Funded!

Happy Tuesday all!

Spent the better part of (who am I kidding - spent all of) this weekend (and Monday) moving in to my new house!  We closed on our current home and new one both on Friday afternoon.  There was some concern with funding timing and doing a dry closing and taking possession before funds have transferred, but to my delight, everything funded on time and we got our keys (AND our proceeds from the sale of our house) Friday afternoon.  We started moving in around 5:00pm and everything was set.  Quite possibly the most easiest process I've ever been through.  My only stress point was Nationstar Mortgage posting the payoff - which they did today (thankfully).  

Looks like I lost my dryer in the move as it is no longer wants to function.

Very happy it all went so good!

Thank you all!

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
mrsjr
Regular Contributor

Re: Closed and Funded!

Congratulations!

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 739 TU
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good job!! Amazing and enjoy it.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! (Except for the dryer part!)

Message 4 of 10
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

A big congrats to you !  A nice turnaround from 2014 and it must feel so good to have this behind you .  Awesome Smiley Wink

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Double check other power outlets and fuse box before buying new dryer, hopefully its just be the cord or plug
Message 6 of 10
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@0REDSOX7 wrote:

Happy Tuesday all!

Spent the better part of (who am I kidding - spent all of) this weekend (and Monday) moving in to my new house!  We closed on our current home and new one both on Friday afternoon.  There was some concern with funding timing and doing a dry closing and taking possession before funds have transferred, but to my delight, everything funded on time and we got our keys (AND our proceeds from the sale of our house) Friday afternoon.  We started moving in around 5:00pm and everything was set.  Quite possibly the most easiest process I've ever been through.  My only stress point was Nationstar Mortgage posting the payoff - which they did today (thankfully).  

Looks like I lost my dryer in the move as it is no longer wants to function.

Very happy it all went so good!

Thank you all!

Congratulations. Just two years from bk discharge to closing on new home ... what a great accomplishment. Kudos to you.

Message 7 of 10
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Congratulations!  What a tremendous victory for you!  Enjoy your new home Smiley Happy

It is probably too early to toast with champagne - but here you go with new home congrats for you and your family

Message 8 of 10
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Thank you all!  It has been a, what's the best way to put it, a struggle, to stick to the rebuilding plan - but it all paid off.  Thanks to all of you for helping me stick through it and get the results I needed.

Since I thought my dryer died, I was able to get approved for a Lowe's card for $1800, but it turns out the dryer was fine - it is what was lurking behind my walls that was the issue.  They dryer exhaust vent had just about been completely clogged.  Look at these photos...

IMG_2799.JPG

IMG_2800.JPG

Now that I got this fire hazard fixed and saved me some money, perhaps I will go drink a few today...

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 9 of 10
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Amazing that you found that vent clogged up so much on a new house! 

This is something people forget to check - and it is a fire hazard  Glad you found it and took care of it right away.  

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.