Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing 08/31????

tag
PFSmit0408
Established Member

Closing 08/31????

I submitted all of my loan papers on 08/10- the last time I spoke with my LO was 08/21- when I provided him with the last documents that he requested. My closing , per contract, is 08/31 - but I haven't heard if it is a go or not. Who do I contact agent, lo, attorney- because from what I was told if I'm not closed on that day I have to ask for an extension. Also what should I expect for my attorney to be doing through this whole transaction?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closing 08/31????

Do you know who's doing your closing. To order to close Monday your title ahould have received your whole package by now. The last time I spoke with my LO was last nigth at 10pm!!!

I think you need to find somebody at your LO office. A loan processor manager or anybody who can give you an update. Is there any way you can go to the office in person?

laz

Message Edited by Laz on 08-28-2009 08:32 AM
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

the loan officer is probably still waiting for approval from the underwriter - know it is nervewracking but if it makes you feel any better, was facing the same situation and the Sellers were starting to get even more nervous than I (if that's possible) - finally received a phone call at 4:45 p.m. Wednesday saying it was final and we closed at approx. 4:45 p.m. yesterday almost exactly 24 hours later lol.  You certainly have my empathy but hang in there, the worst that can happen is you have to ask the Sellers for an extension on Monday the 31st ...
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

8/31 is also my closing day!! And I too do not have the clear to close yet. I'd say call your LO or Processor to get an update and hang in there!! :-)

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too was suppose to close on the 31st, i am puchasing a short sale wich is more nerve wrecking because i still have not cleared from the underwriters, which is making me upset because the 31st is our second date the 24th was the first date.  Also this new list of conditions I got on Monday the 24th and today the 27th they ask for a detailed explanation on a check.  I dont get why wait until the last minute to ask for something when they had the whole week, its just crazy, so now my RA is saying to wait until on Monday and she will let us know whats happening I am thinking we will probably be waiting for another 2 weeks at this rate, I just hope the bank(seller) waits and dosn't charge me extra fees. 
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.