cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing 8/19....what a wild ride these last two months have been

tag
portsnhman

Closing 8/19....what a wild ride these last two months have been

On a lark, I started looking at homes at the end of May.  Came across a new build townhouse property in Maryland, close to the DC border.  Looked at the model and didn't like the layout.  Unfortunately, it was the only home left.

A month later, two townhomes came back on the market due to the original purchaser's financing fall through.  I made an offer which was accepted and started working with the builder's lender.  Found out my scores were in the upper 500's. Smiley Sad  Never thought I'd be where I am now, but, for all the guidance and great advice, I boosted my scores over 100 points in 40 days.

Tomorrow at 11AM I embark on the final journey...closing.  The builder was offering almost $20,000 towards closing, extended an additional $1500, then I received an additonal $1100 for locking in my interest rate.  Thus, bringing to the table $.66.  LOL

I am nauseated and nervously excited to actually have keys in hand.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
blunderer
Established Contributor

Re: Closing 8/19....what a wild ride these last two months have been

Wow! Congratulations!!!!

Enjoy your new home.

Message 2 of 6
Beasley12
Regular Contributor

66 cents? Congratulations! Now.....are you gonna get a cashiers check for that or bring cash? lolSmiley Happy

EQ FICO 564 (3/12) Lender pull 673 (4/12) FICO 703 (6/13)
TU FICO 605 (6/12) to FICO 687 (3/13) Lender pull 680 (4/13)
EXP FICO lender pull (4/13) 651
Homeowner since September 2013!
Message 3 of 6
Sigma1914

Congradulations...it sounds like the new builts in Hyattisville. Looked at those this weekend, really like them.

Message 4 of 6
Boldilocks
Established Contributor

Congrats to you - it's always wonderful to see this!

66 cents, LOL - are you sure you're good for it????

$22,000+ though - is that downpayment too?  Surely those aren't all closing costs?

Current scores: EQ 736, TU - 732
Message 5 of 6
portsnhman

The closing costs were in excess of $22,000.  The only amount that was not technically a closing cost was the lender paying 8 months of HOA fees.  The home is in Landover.  Now, I just have to get accustomed to stairs.  LOL

The closing process was a breeze.  In addition to the $.66 closing cost, I also paid the remainder of my FHA deposit and my realtor's administrative fee.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.