Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing Check List

tag
BBYGRL
Established Contributor

Closing Check List

Has anyone come up with a at closing check list.  I close in a couple of weeks and I want to make sure all of my ducks are in a row.  Thanks.
10/08 - EX 795 / EQ 816 / TU 806
6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Starting Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Current Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Goal Score (12/2010): TU-780, EQ-790

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closing Check List

I haven't always been successful getting answers in message boards, so I've been making my own binder full of online printouts on specific subjects, including closing checklists that I find via Google. 

I bought a book ($12.95) called "Home Closing Checklist" by Robert Irwin at Barnes and Noble - it's one of the more comprehensive resources on this topic and I highly recommend it as a very "easy to read" guide to closing.

I'm a first-time buyer, not an expert, but I've found these resources really helpful:

Contract Dates List (Acceptance, Loan Application, etc...)

HUD Guide to Buying a Home (lots of good information)

Buying Your Home: Settlement costs and Helpful information

Closing Checklist (short form)

There are also a number of good resources on Good Faith Estimates (GFEs) that I believe have information applicable to closing.

MyFico Guide to GFE

Message Edited by FICOScott on 01-08-2009 05:14 AM
Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump, please? I'll bet that a LOT of people are dying to know this one!!!
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't always been successful getting answers in message boards, so I've been making my own binder full of online printouts on specific subjects, including closing checklists that I find via Google. 

I bought a book ($12.95) called "Home Closing Checklist" by Robert Irwin at Barnes and Noble - it's one of the more comprehensive resources on this topic and I highly recommend it as a very "easy to read" guide to closing.

I'm a first-time buyer, not an expert, but I've found these resources really helpful:

There are also a number of good resources on Good Faith Estimates (GFEs) that I believe have information applicable to closing.

MyFico Guide to GFE

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

MyFico Guide to GFE

W00t!! W00t!! We have an awesome answer!

I'm going out to go get the book now! We fricking NEED it!! o_O

Thanks, FicoScott!!
Message 4 of 6
BBYGRL
Established Contributor

Ditto!  Thansk FicoScott!
10/08 - EX 795 / EQ 816 / TU 806
6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Starting Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Current Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Goal Score (12/2010): TU-780, EQ-790

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BBYGRL wrote:
Ditto!  Thansk FicoScott!
I couldn't find that book in my local bookstores (since, it's not "cool," "hip" or "trendy" -- unless it's about decorating your home, they won't have it). But I did find a book called "Mortgages 101" that seems pretty good. Gives info on negotiating closing costs and what to expect at the table.

Has lots and lots of financial-mathematical type stuff, but that's okay -- I have a teenager who can explain it all to me!! LOL!!

So, if you can't find the book FicoScott suggested, "Mortgages 101" seems to be pretty decent. Most of the others that they did have ("Home-buying for Dummies," "The Everything Home-Buying Book," etc) seemed to be more about FINDING a home to buy than actually purchasing one.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.