Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing Cost

tag
williamd1972
Contributor

Closing Cost

I have good fico scores: Eq 782, Trans 787, and Ex score of 750, when score was still available to Fico.   I have money for down payment but nothing for closing cost , what are my options?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
hawkeye33
Regular Contributor

Re: Closing Cost

You can definitely make an offer with a contingency for sellers to pay closing costs. Doesn't mean that they will accept it, or they may counter by offering to pay up to a certain amount of them.

Depending on how much down you have (do you have 3.5% as would be typical for FHA? 10%? 20%?). If you have in excess of 3.5% for down payment, you might look into programs where the down payment requirement is less (i.e., FHA 3.5% or USDA as little as 0% down) to see if you qualify.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closing Cost

you definitely can ask for up to 6 percent seller concession on an FHA (& I believe only half of that on a conventional). or, you could up-sell the sales price to the owner, then ask for concessions that bring the total back down to the original housing cost (so that the deal looks more attractive to them).
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.