cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing Costs Question for the experts! Please help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closing Costs Question for the experts! Please help!

Hello All,

I am in the beginning of my quest towards home ownership.  I am interested in a Bank owned property that they are willing to pay closing costs for.  However, my realtor cautioned me that some Mortgage companies will only allow the bank to pay for 3% of the purchase price towards closing costs! 

Is there any one here who knows which Mortgage Companies these are?  I plan on using an FHA Loan and this home is not eligible for the USDA Financing program. 

Thanks in advance for all the feedback!!!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closing Costs Question for the experts! Please help!

Please Help!
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who told you that?

If the bank you are using writes FHA loans then the max toward closing costs is 6%.  Some banks don't write FHA loans and some sellers don't accept FHA financing.

Your Mortgage broker will only use those banks that write FHA who will allow you the 6% max.

Message 3 of 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Actually, most banks(the one who owns the property) will only contribute 3% towards closing costs. I have seen a few exceptions. I have never heard of a lender limiting you to 3% on an FHA loan since FHA Guidelines allow 6%

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

1111mel, 

My Realtor is the person who told me that.  she told me to keep it in mind and that kind of sent me in panic mode. 

So 6 % is the max that you can have contributed towards closing costs?  Is that usually enough.  How much more should I figure into my out of pocket expenses? 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks DallasLoan Guy!

I just wanted some clarification because what my realtor said sent me into panic mode. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.