Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing Date is my birthday!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closing Date is my birthday!!

Open, based on our experience and long talks with 3 agents, you got very lucky! We had to offer full pice. In lieu of closing costs, they offered to leave all the new ss appliances and pay for the 1 year warranty. We laughed because appliances are built in (except the fridge) and are generally left anyway. In the Nashville market, the buyer is paying their share of closing unless the house has been sitting on the market for several weeks or longer. We are having to reduce our down payment just to offset closing. I wasn't happy about that.  When our agent showed us neighborhood comps, I felt much better about our contact then.  I am still shaking my head at jow crazy this market is.

There is one major discrepancy with the listing and state property records. The listing showed 2515 Sq ft. When I searched the property assessor records, I found the state has recorded it with 2815 Sq ft. The difference is the bonus room. If it truly is 2815, we have instant equity.  We plan on verifying it. There were 4 houses in the subdivision for sale but list prices were at lest $25-40k higher and they are listing 2800-3000 Sq ft. I am not sure what to think other than their agent may be inexperienced. 

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the house!

Great that the closing is on your Birthday too.

If I were your DH I would be very concerned about next year.  What is he going to have to do to top this Birthday present?  lol.

Message 12 of 13
sweetschuni
New Contributor

If I were your DH I would be very concerned about next year.  What is he going to have to do to top this Birthday present?  lol.

I can't think of anything that tops a new home for a birthday or for any day LOL if I could accept a new home every birthday I'd be a happy camper! I absolutely LOVE real estate. 

Licensed REALTOR in the state of Georgia - "Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing" Theodore Roosevelt

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.