Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing Date is my birthday!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closing Date is my birthday!!

We haven't had much luck with the house hunting process.  Two contracts declined (one lost by $300!)  Yesterday a new listng popped up as we were heading out for showings.  Our agent thought we would like it and worked it in with the 4 other appts we had.  Two of the houses, we literally walked in and back out in 5 minutes.  One was just "ok".  We got to the new listing and knew our luck finally had changed - we LOVED it!!  Although the house is 10 years old, it shows like a brand new house.  I couldn't find one thing I had to change about it!  We knew we had to at least try.  We didn't have much hope because of the way the market has been for us.  To our surprise, we got the call last night that our offer was accepted!!!!

We close on my birthday,  July 24th!  There is a slight possibility we can close sooner but the sellers weren't expecting to sell so quick lol  Our loan officer has been just short of amazing so I am not worried about the underwriting process............yet!  I am sure that will come the week of closing.

I can't believe we are actually doing this!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closing Date is my birthday!!

Congratulations! I hope your process is smooth & successful! 

Message 2 of 13
securingourfuture
Established Contributor

Congratulations 

8/22/18: BK7 filed EXP 490 TU 430 EQ 429
11/28/18: BK7 discharged EXP 586 TU 578 EQ 527
06/08/21: EXP 656 TU 643 EQ 701
Message 3 of 13
ChistineNJ
Frequent Contributor

congrads hope all goes well imagine thats some birthday gift

C1 Venture 15K| NFCU NAV CHECK 15K| CASH REWARDS 5K| CARE CREDIT 3K| NORDSTROMS 1K| LORD & TAYLOR 1100| WALMART 600| TargetRed 500|Rebuilders

CAP1 1650| CAP 1 1100| BARCLAYS 2500| NREWARDS 8500|
SCT: VS 1100| EXPRESS 1100| JCREW 250| *HIDDEN TL BML 650

SCORES 709, 657, 623
Pre BK scores: 569, 587, 553
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice, hope your b-day is a good one!

I signed the sales agreement on mine, they accepted our offer, best birthday I had in a few.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!!! You give me hope. I'm in the same boat.  I've sort of resorted to waiting till after school starts. But my LO says I should not giv up and get discouraged. 

Wishing you a smooth transition! 

Message 6 of 13
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Wonderful coincidence! Hope all goes well through the closing and enjoy that birthday party in your new house.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone! I am still extremely excited.   This is going to be a LONG 6 weeks lol. I constantly am looking at the pictures. I truly envisioned having lots of houses to choose from and us taking our time deciding. I even looked forward to the haggling of the price.  It definitely hasn't been anything like that!  Houses are gone within hours if being listed. People arent even cleaning up the homes before showing. We went in one house that had at least 4 cats running around, 2 dogs, a ferret, birds and a big rabbit. The litter box smell blasted us. Some were even worse. These homes were selling for $250k and up.  We looked at everything from major fixer uppers to new construction. I finally just had to look at it like a business and leave emotions at home. I had faith that when it was meant to be for us, it would happen.  The only thing I had to compromise on was the size of the yard. I wanted at least 1\2 to 1 acre. Those went the fastest here.

Banana hang in there. Patience isnt my best virtue. This was tough for me. DH and I argued worse than putting up a Christmas tree lol June/July is the busiest time of the year for real estate.  School lets out. People with kids buy and get moved before the new school year. Add to that the rising loan rates and you have a sellers dream and buyers nightmare. I found Redfin to be the most up to date for listings. Other sites aren't updating when a house has an offer or even closed and new listings are taking a day or two to add.  Take your time or you could end up settling and not be happy with your choice later.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks everyone! I am still extremely excited.   This is going to be a LONG 6 weeks lol. I constantly am looking at the pictures. I truly envisioned having lots of houses to choose from and us taking our time deciding. I even looked forward to the haggling of the price.  It definitely hasn't been anything like that!  Houses are gone within hours if being listed. People arent even cleaning up the homes before showing. We went in one house that had at least 4 cats running around, 2 dogs, a ferret, birds and a big rabbit. The litter box smell blasted us. Some were even worse. These homes were selling for $250k and up.  We looked at everything from major fixer uppers to new construction. I finally just had to look at it like a business and leave emotions at home. I had faith that when it was meant to be for us, it would happen.  The only thing I had to compromise on was the size of the yard. I wanted at least 1\2 to 1 acre. Those went the fastest here.

Banana hang in there. Patience isnt my best virtue. This was tough for me. DH and I argued worse than putting up a Christmas tree lol June/July is the busiest time of the year for real estate.  School lets out. People with kids buy and get moved before the new school year. Add to that the rising loan rates and you have a sellers dream and buyers nightmare. I found Redfin to be the most up to date for listings. Other sites aren't updating when a house has an offer or even closed and new listings are taking a day or two to add.  Take your time or you could end up settling and not be happy with your choice later.

Thanks, mimsof4!  I said the exact thing you said, that I am now looking at this all in more business transaction and not getting emotionally attached to homes.  Like your area, homes are gone within hours if not days.  I have made my decision though:  I am not going to put anymore effort into this until August heading into back to school.  I have some summer plans and want to enjoy it.  A house can wait and rushing into one is not something I want/need to do.  I am still super grateful to even be in this position where I am preapproved and able to afford it!

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same experience. Got to the point where I was only looking at new listings. I found anything that was more than a couple weeks old had serious issues. Missed out on a few and had to jump on the first one I really liked. At least the prices in my area where staying low, managed to get a little over 5% off asking price, with sellers contributing 6%, can't help but feel like I got lucky.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.